Part 8

TW: losing a loved one, smoking

You wake up. It's 7am. You are still sitting on the sofa. Cordelia is still asleep but now on her side of the sofa again. She must have woken up last night and moved to not make you uncomfortable you think to yourself. You get up really slowly trying not to make any kind of noises that could wake Cordelia up. You get changed and quickly shower. 

Today was the day.. the day you were going to bring your aunt back you think to yourself. You grab a cigarette and your lighter. When you walk past the living room Cordelia is still sleeping like an angel. You smile and walk out the house. You light your cigarette and smoke it until you reach the greenhouse.

You grab the book and read the spell and the preparations needed again. You need a few things and walk around the greenhouse grabbing them. You put them on the floor in a perfect circle. You had latin in school for a while so you know what the spells and the words say. You feel slightly guilty for lying to Cordelia and doing this despite her telling you not to. But you need to see her. You start speaking the words when you suddenly fall onto the floor and hit your head. 

You notice that you are slowly waking up

You notice that you are slowly waking up. You find yourself in a forest what it seemed like. It has a dark vibe to it you think to yourself. There is a little field ahead and a lot of trees around you. It was getting dark and the air was foggy and cold. You stand up. You feel slightly dizzy and your head really hurts. You start walking around the forest. You suddenly see smoke appear in front of you and stop. All of a sudden a girl appears. She is short, with brown hair and a sassy smile. 

''What are you doing here Y/N?'' she says

''What are you doing here Y/N?'' she says. You are confused as to how she knows your name.                ''I know everyones names'' she smiles. You are even more confused now how she knew what you were thinking. ''I can read minds idiot'' she says. She tells you that her name is Nan and that she felt your presence and was wondering what you were doing here. You explain to her everything that had happened and who you are looking for. You don't know why but with her it felt like your words would just come out and you are comfortable around her. She feels sympathy for you and explains to you that you are in the forest of souls. ''Its not really like hell or heaven here ... it's a mixed version'' she explains to you. She wants to help you but also explains that she can't help you any further. And before you can thank her, she disappears in the same smoke she came from.