chapter 16. Paul's P.O.V

I was sitting with John when the Doctor came in. "hello Private Lennon, I'm Ava Robert the doctor that preformed your amputation. how you are feeling?" she asked "ok, I guess. and please call me John" he sighed "ok John. I'm very sorry that we didn't give you a warning about the amputation but it was an emergency" Dr. Robert said smiling kindly "it's fine" John said she nodded and left the room.

"John how do you really feel?" I asked him "shit, I feel absolutely shitty, my stump hurts like hell and now I'm honorably discharged. I joined when I was 16 this has been my life for 8 years. I don't know how to do anything else" John said tears running down his already tear stained cheeks. "I know it'll be hard John and if ye need to for the first month or so having one of us stay with ye to help around the house and to help with Sawyer, then ask. we won't hesitate to ye mate" I said grabbing John's hand. "thank ye Macca. I just really miss me kids, both of them" John sighed. "and me wife" he added tearfully. "I understand John, you'll never stop missing them. I miss my girl Linda everyday" I said. 

"do you think If I asked the other guys you'll guys be their when I get me first prosthetic?" John asked "of course we'll be their, we can drop the kids off at daycare on our way" I said cheerfully making John smile. it was good to see him smiling for once. "thank ye Macca" he muttered "no problem Johnny" I smiled. 

the room went silent for a minute but it wasn't an awkward silence it was a calming peaceful silence. "thank ye again Macca" John whispered "what for" I asked "Just being here and not judging me for crying" John said. "I never Judge people" I smiled "were humans, humans cry, it's natural" I added.