Chapter Four - Spaghetti Hoops

"For fffffffff..... for goodness sake!" Millie exclaims, looking down at her now stained top.

"What is it?" Her little brother says, looking up from his colouring book.

She turns around from the hob, holding her hands up, wooden spoon in her right one. Her top is completely white, apart from a flick of orange liquid across the front.

"Your spaghetti hoops splashed up and stained my top."

"Ha ha." Her brother says sarcastically. "I want butter on my toast!"

"Ah ah, I want doesn't get, Noah. Say please."

"But why?" He argues back.

"Because it's polite and I'm seventeen and you're four and I'm asking you to say it."

Noah huffs and shrugs his shoulders.

"Pppllleeeaaassseee". He says, dragging the word out.

"Good boy, you must remember your manners Noah."

He nods and continues colouring in superheroes in his book.

She butters his toast and places it on a plate. The she pours the spaghetti hoops on top and presents it to him.

"Ta da, one delicious spaghetti hoops on toast!"

"Mmmmm, thank you." Noah says back.

"Make sure you blow on it, it'll be hot."

"I will."

"Good boy Noah."

"I'm not a dog Millie!" He laughs.

She also laughs. Her phone buzzes on the side as it always does, people often text her when they need something. But it isn't a text, it's only the news. The excitement of someone talking to her and showing interest in her quickly fades. Everyone had seemed to have moved on from her or so she felt. Dani and Aaron were still together. Jason and Victoria seemed to have something going on but nobody knew the whole picture. Dani had changed as well, she'd become more snappy and had an incredibly short fused temper. Much the different girl she used to be, it was so sudden with no explination. As for Millie, she had also changed or grown up and learnt things, as she prefered to think. She'd learnt to appreciate the smaller things more and enjoy herself a little bit more. She's also learnt to not be so trusting in people, getting lead on does it's damage in more than one way, Jason, why an earth does she still love him? She couldn't tell you, no matter how hard she tried. Millie is a strange character you see, she's an incredibly nervous and shy person but comes across confidence. She may also come across as completely clueless and almost a tiny bit thick but she knows what's she's doing. Having never been in a relationship before she somehow provided all the relationship advice for her friends, Dani, Victoria, Aaron and Jason. It could feel lonely sometimes, with all her friends in relationships. Especially when both sides of the relationships were within her friendship group. It was completed with Dani and Aaron together after Aaron had cheated on Victoria for Dani. Victoria definitely had something going on with Jason and Millie knew it, although she'd never mention it to her, she was smart in that way. If something is going to come out it'll come out with time. She knows the tricks of the trade, sometimes you just have to wait and be patient, something will turn up along the way.