Chapter Thirty Two - Wrong Number

Jason is woken to the sound of a mobile phone vibrating on a wooden surface.

'Bbbuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzz. Bbbuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzz.'

He rolls over and is greeted with the site of Victoria sleeping, mouth open with a strand of dribble hanging out her mouth. She's totally out of it, there's no way the phone ringing is waking her.

It's on her side of the bed, on the cabinet. Slowly and carefully he reaches across and clamps his fingertips around the sides of her phone and picks it up. The screen displays an unknown number, well to him at least. Strange, he thinks, Victoria always gives each number on her phone an identity. This must be one of those scam calls but then the time dawns on him. It's only five thirty in the morning.

A little hesitant he presses accept and puts the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" He whispers, being careful not to wake Victoria.

There's a brief pause before the other person speaks.

"Sorry. Wrong number." A female voice says before immediately hanging up.

He puts the phone back on his side of the bed now. Taking a look at Victoria he ponders why the person called at such a ridiculous time in the morning. Closing his eyes he tries to go back to sleep. That voice though, he swears he recognizes it, but from where?