seven

A few weeks had passed since the incident and Malfoy didn't seem to be affected at all. I did my best to avoid his presence without making it obvious to Theo and Blaise. I stayed in the library or hung out in my dorm. I spent time with Cedric and tried my best to move on from that night.

Nothing really worked though, not when my skin was still bruised with his touch long after the discoloration had subsided, not when my nerve endings buzzed whenever his presence was near as if they were begging to be abused and manhandled by him once again. It was hard to move on and forget what had happened when I saw him- when I felt him- everywhere I went.

It was even harder when I saw Daphne. The image of her body burned in my brain whenever I saw her walking down the halls or sitting in class. On the rare occasion that we made eye contact, she would almost scowl at me as she shot daggers from her eyes.

It made my face heat up and my body grow uncomfortable. What did she possibly have to be upset with me about? She didn't even know I was there that night. I chalked it up to her being a stereotypical Slytherin and continued in my efforts to ignore her scorching gaze.

After a long day of classes, I opted to skip dinner since I wasn't really in the mood to socialize with my friends just yet. However, as I made my journey to the library, I knew I would have to get over myself quickly and soon because Theo was becoming increasingly suspicious at my ever-growing absence from the group.

I found an empty table at the back of the herbology section. No one ever bothered to come to this section since the majority of Hogwarts, teachers included, found this subject to be a joke. I set my bag down and opened up a new muggle book I had found over the summer.

As my eyes skimmed the pages, someone sat down across from me. I peaked over the pages of my book to meet the steel gray eyes of the one person I had been doing my best to avoid.

I rolled my eyes, setting my book down. "What, Malfoy? I'm busy," I said in annoyance.

He scoffed, "This little vanishing act of yours isn't going unnoticed. Zabini and Nott keep harassing me about your whereabouts, interrogating me about it as if it is my fault you've been absent."

I leaned back in my chair, shaking my head as a dry chuckle left my lips, "It hasn't been that noticeable, and it is your fault so I'm sorry if you're growing uncomfortable under their assumptions. Just imagine the excruciating awkwardness I had to suffer alone in silence while you fucked Daphne behind the bathroom door."

He leaned forward, lips curled in a scowl as he growled, "Oh fuck off, Smith. Get over it. You've missed 3 Friday night parties, are you that idiotic that you thought your absence wouldn't be noticed? It happened weeks ago and I used the muffliato charm to prevent you from hearing anything anyways."

I leaned forward, my eyes softening as I clutched my chest, "Oh really, Malfoy? You used a silencing charm as you fucked someone else not even 5 minutes after being intimate with me?" I fluttered my eyes in mock admiration, "How chivalrous of you, I had no idea. I should be thanking you!"

His lips pursed into a thin line as his hands gripped the edges of the table, "You're such a fucking bitch-"

"No! You don't get to be annoyed with me and call me names. You don't get to act like you performed this thoughtful deed before fucking someone else. You don't get to act like you tried to spare my feelings. You don't get to act like I'm an emotional mess who is clinging onto one night that will never happen again-"

"So you've fucking said-"

"Shut up. Don't interrupt me. You fucked up and you hurt me, and on top of all of that, you ridiculed me for being affected by it all. You crossed a line on purpose and hit me where you knew it would hurt," his eyes were slowly losing the fiery anger that had been in them just moments before as my voice softened and my eyes meandered down to the table, "but I'm trying to get over it and-"