Chapter Five

I scoured the hallways in hopes of finding Michael. I swear that I searched every room and every bathroom.  Eventually, I ran into Melody again. She smiled at me and meekly walked towards me. "Is there anything I can help you with," she asked folding her hands in front of her lap.

"Yes actually! I'm looking for Michael I can't find him anywhere, do you know where his office might be?" I asked already expecting yes to be her answer. She nodded and indicated with her hand to follow her. Walking slowly behind as she took small steps and quietly moved in the silence. I didn't know what to say to her. I didn't want to make her relive her trauma of losing her husband or get her to talk about it if she wasn't ready but I do want to talk to her about it.

 Eventually, she turned around and pointed to the door that was labeled Michael Langdon. "Here you are Malia," she said before walking away, but before she could get too far I grabbed onto her arm letting go as soon as she looked at me. 

"I do want to talk to you about what happened at some point whenever you're ready," she did a slight smile and then nodded before turning away and walking around the corner.

I sighed and turned knocking on Michael's door. His muffled voice rang from behind the door telling me to come in. I turned the knob and open the door to reveal his luxurious office. I noticed that Michael has a little bit of a kink for dark wood and white fur as that was what everything was covered with in his office. As much as I was angry at him right now I knew that Crowley's words stung true and I had to talk to Michael about what happened with Melody. Approaching him he didn't hold the same smile that he usually does I could tell that he was still holding a grudge about our argument and the fact that I ran away. 

Michael tapped the pages that he had in his hands on the desk before placing them down and sitting back in his chair. He then folded his arms over his chest and looked at me waiting for me to speak. A part of me felt like he wasn't even going to listen to what I had to say because he already felt that he was right,  but I had to talk to him so we could get into better cohabitation.

"Michael, I know that you're upset with me but you have to understand that Jaxon was a close friend to me even though he had said those cruel things. I do understand where you're coming from. I understand how his character and reaction gave evidence that he wasn't being truthful." I said sitting down in the chair in front of Michael.

 Michael sat up to get closer to me and sighed. "Malia I understand your point of view of being upset by what Jaxon had done and the consequences for his actions. I was fully ready to bring Jaxon back here to be with Melody but he was untruthful so no I don't regret the decisions made and you shouldn't either." Michael got up from his chair, walked around the table, and grabbed under my chin to look at him " ...sometimes being the leader requires you to make the hard decisions," He then leaned down and pecked me on the lips. "I hope that you're ready when you have to make a hard decision for yourself. So that you hold no regrets like I do" He said before letting go of my face. 

It took me a minute to come to terms with the information but Michael was right. She's been here since before he killed Jaxon and Jaxon's response was not warranted.  Michael started to get more gitty like how he usually is. "So remember when I told you that I had a meeting later on today? I want you to join me. We're going to be talking about the archangels and there's going to be some pretty high-end people there but I think you'd benefit from hearing their ideas,"  he said picking up the pages on his desk again.

I nodded and got up turning to leave, but Michael stopped me.  "Can you come here please?" he asked getting comfortable in his chair. I made my way around the desk and sat on his lap straddling his hips.  "You know I care about you a lot right..." he said removing a strand of hair from my eyes and placing it behind my ear. "...I will continue to do whatever it takes to keep you safe even if that means getting rid of your friends... even if that means that you start to hate me. I would die for you." I looked away from him smiling but he brought my face back pulling my head down to his.