Chapter Three

This chapter is dedicated to 

They encouraged me with their interest in the book and continuous comments and recommendations. I thank you for giving me motivation to write this story and I cannot wait to finish it for you guys. 

-----------

I watched as we pulled up the co-operative buildings with the crowd of people with cameras, as they waved and screamed. I turned to Michael amused at the sight "Does this happen to you every day?" I ask waving back at the unfamiliar faces. I felt like Anastasia with a billionaire playboy driving me around popular by association. 

"No, not recently," Michael said turning into the driveway that looped around the front door.  Michael parked, grabbed the keys, and stepped out while bodyguards pushed the crowd of people back. I looked at all their face; eyes wide with astonishment or tears. Michael through the keys to a busboy that would park the car in the back and opened my door helping me out. "Don't let them touch you, my love," Michael whispered waving at the crowd and smiling. The crowd cheered and I waved to them as well hearing the crying and cheering as we walked towards the door. 

Inside Jeff waited nicely in his suit holding his clipboard. "Hello Ms and Sir, I have your itinerary for the day. I was able to clear your schedule for Ms. Montgomery but there is one thing that I was unable to tend to as they have requested your direct input.  The meeting had only been arranged to last an hour and a half. What would you like me to do sir?" Jeff asked almost flinching for a response. 

Jeff had told me a long time ago that although Michael may be young he scared him, apparently a long time ago Jeff and Mutt were making fun of him thinking that he was playing tricks on them about being the antichrist. He told me that he tried to walk out only for them to challenge him. At that point, in one glance Michael had turned and told them the most disturbing future to them. Jeff was convinced that it was their life in hell if they continued. I guess they struck a chord with him and now he practically trembled as he walked. 

Although Jeff was already a very nerdy guy he was always very confident when it came to the R&D Department. Just the way that he talked and the decisions he would have to make made him a leader. This is probably why Michael trusted him enough to put him in charge of everything when he was not there.  

"Is it okay that I handle that thing at the end of the day? I know that if Jeff couldn't then I need to do it" Michael asked placing his hand on the small of my back. 

I was about to speak but I heard a voice approaching me. It was Madi from yesterday "I can show her around when you are not busy Mr. Langdon," Madi said looping her arm in mine. Madi looked even better today than she did yesterday. 

Madi's dread was cascading down her shoulders and back with little golden clips and beads throughout. She had done her makeup dark and her lashes were long and luscious. If angels were an alternative Madi fit the vibe completely. Contrasting her dark attire Madi's smile lit up the room revealing the smiley piercing she had under her lip. " I do have a lot of work Malia so I will catch up with you later when you aren't with Mr. Langdon," she said holding onto my arm 

"We could show her your department first if you don't mind Madi," Michael asked. I have noticed that Michael's demeanor as a leader has changed. At the outpost, Michael was very demanding and stern while here he is more laid back and tries his least to stress people out, it may just be the environment of the sanctuary or an act for me, but it was still nice to see the calmer. 

Madi smiled at him and practically dragged me toward her place of work. I was bewildered by the amount of stuff that she was working with. The room was dark and slightly blue due to the computers that surrounded a round table with a holographic version of the world except on each continent there were bright white, purple, green, and red lights.  "What do those lights represent?" I ask going to touch the globe only for my hand to go through.