E

Esme's P.O.V.

Weeks passed....

Surprisingly, nobody bothered me in those weeks, not even once. I was happy like how a college student should be in their college life.

But, there was lingering feeling in my heart today when I came to college, I could feel that something was gonna change today, a change which was real bad for me. I could feel it in my guts and i'm really scared.

I didn't see Nick today, yeah we were on nicknames now. The feelings I had for him only intensified as I spent my time with him all these weeks. I don't know about how Nick felt, but I was happy as long as he was my friend, my only true friend who had all of my trust.

It was now lunchtime, I still wasn't aware where Nick was, the feeling in my gut which I had all morning was getting only worse I don't know why.

Little did I know the feeling which I had was real, something was awaiting me when I saw Nick pass the hallway without noticing me like he was in a hurry.

I shouldn't have followed him, But I did, like a fool.

I was seconds away from calling his name, but before I could, I saw him with a girl, not an ordinary girl, but the girl who pushed me that day. I could feel my heart thudding really loud in my chest, but I still have that ounce of hope, that there was nothing wrong, he wasn't only bound to me, he could talk to anyone.

I was about to leave when Tasha and my eyes locked together, I could see the evil glints in her eyes, like she knew something that I didn't. I was about to leave but the next words which came out of her mouth made me freeze on my track.

"How long are you gonna be friends with Esme?"

I couldn't see Nick, but I waited for him to answer. The sad part is, he never did.

"Isn't it have been long enough? This is the longest anyone has been friends with that pathetic piece of sh*t. You could stop now. You don't have to continue all of this, babe. You can come back to me now. Just end all of that bullshit."

I could feel hot tears running down my cheeks when she said all of this but he never replied. The last thread broke, when she kissed him, and he didn't push her away.

With a pathetic face full of tears and a pathetic broken heart, I ran away.

I avoided Nick the whole time left. At the end of the of the day, I was relieved and hurt. I was running off towards the exit, when I heard my name. I could recognize that voice from miles away, only this time when I heard that voice, I couldn't feel butterflies but the feeling of betrayal and hurt, lots and lots of it.

I quickened my pace, ran away from there as fast as I could with tears running down my face.

Not once, did I look back.

I ran and ran, to the only safe place I could think of.
The only safe place I went to whenever betrayals like these happened to me.
Only, I was stupid enough this time to have my feelings and heart involved and broken into million pieces.

Oh, how the tables have turned and this time you hurt me, intentionally.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Pretty dramatic right?
You must be hating Esme, that she should have confronted and stayed there a little bit longer....

But once a trust of a person has been broken it hurts alot....
Especially, when they have been broken a lot more times.

Yeah, so basically, don't hate Esme and Me too much....

Yours little duckling,🐤

Xoxo❤