L

Nicholas P.O.V.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I was late. Not just late. Too much late.
I missed half of my classes. I shouldn't have watched movies till early morning. I am doomed.

I thought all those things as I was getting ready and running all around my room gathering things I would need today. I mean the remaining day.

I was rushing to the door when Mom called me,
"Aren't you late, young man? Are you rushing because you are late or  because Esme would be worried?" I could feel that teasing smile on mom's as she asked me the question.

I groaned while tying my shoes. I really shouldn't have told mom about my feelings about Esme.

"Now is not the time Mom. Byee. I love you."

🐤

I rushed inside the gates of the college and headed straight to my locker knowing that lunch was going on. I opened my locker and to my surprise there was a note inside. I felt confused  who would have sent me a note.

I opened the note and my blood started to boil as soon as I read it.

"You like Esme don't you? How would you feel when I would hurt that little love of yours? If you don't want her hurt come to the ladies restroom on the far corner opposite of the cafeteria. You better crush and throw the note away."

I crushed the note and put it in my pocket and rushed to the given destination without giving a second glance to my surrounding.
Maybe that was the mistake I made that day. I could have avoided so much hurt if I had seen my surroundings.

I reached and not so surprisingly saw Tasha there,

I was about to leave when her words made me stop,
"How long are you gonna be friends with Esme?"

I made my hands into fists, digging my nails into my palms. I waited for her to speak further and raised my brows up.

"Isn't it have been long enough? This is the longest anyone has been friends with that pathetic piece of sh*t. You could stop now. You don't have to continue all of this, babe. You can come back to me now. Just end all of that bullshit."

I was gritting my teeth so hard, controlling my anger. I wasn't the one who would swear at girls moreover hit them. It was so fucking hard.

My patience which was thinning completely vanished when she kissed me, I stood frozen for a few seconds but pushed her away roughly when I regained my composure.

"The only piece of shit I could see here is you, Tasha. The only one acting like a slut is you. Don't you dare speak about Esme like that ever in your life again. I feel bad for the kinds of you, who couldn't see good in the girl like Esme. The only thing you know of is how to bully people. Grow up and grow some balls. Instead of bullying do something useful."
I spat all the words in pure hatred at her face and went away from her.

There was this nagging feeling in my heart that was saying something was wrong. I ignored it. I was on the way to the cafeteria to go to Esme knowing  she'd be worried about me.
Sadly, the bell rang. And we had no class together for the rest of the day.

🐤

I searched for Esme all around after the last class, but I couldn't find her.
At last, I found her near the exit of the building. I called her, basically shouted her name, but what confused me was she ran away after hearing me.

I could sense something was extremely wrong.

I could feel my heart beating.

"Did the poor girl run away? You should have spoken something right away when I asked you those questions Nick. Now, poor girl thinks, you played her too like the rest of them."
I could literally feel my heart drop to my stomach at Tasha's words.

I glared at her and without speaking a single word ran after Esme, my Esme, who I have hurt so badly, unintentionally.

••••••••••••••••••••••

So, this is what really happened.

I know, sucks right.
I am hating Tasha with all of my guts too!

But, it is what it is.

Yours little duckling,🐤
Xoxo.❤