encounters after encounters.

─◌✰್

"You will love her!" Diana squealed while squeezing both of Julia's hands.

The noirette smiled, dusty dirt billowing up a bit as her feet reached the ground. "She's new to Avonlea?"

"Yes, the Cuthberts took her in quite recently. She just moved here from Nova Scotia." Diana answered, brushing away a strand of her warm brown hair.

"Do you think that the other kids would like me?" Julia asked, looking over her shoulder and at the beautiful birch tree in her cousin's garden.

Barry scoffed, "Of course they will! Why wouldn't they? You are absolutely stunning, Jules."

Julia flashed her a grateful smile.

"Also," Diana whispered, pulling the diamond eyed girl closer, "You get to meet Gilbert Blythe. He is coming back tomorrow, so you two will both be arriving on the same day. How amazing is that!"

"Quite a coincidence," Julia said, raising an eyebrow. "Forgive me but who is Gilbert Blythe?"

"Only the most beloved and charming boy in Avonlea," Diana said dreamily.

"Really?" The Smith said, taking a mental note on this so-called Gilbert.

"Yes!" she beamed, "Now that we're already here why don't I give you a tour of my home?"

─◌✰್

Feeling the cold sheets on the outside of her bed, Julia's palm nerves sparked awake. Feeling the tingle sensation of soft, safe sets being kissed by the morning's first light. Julia's eyes slowly dozed open, feeling a bit crusty from the night's previous emotions.

For a few minutes she hoped if she stayed there in the bed, nobody would ever call her to leave. Seeking comfort in the velvety plush hug, feeling the breeze graze across the skin of her cheeks from the open window of her small, stuffy even, room. Listening to Tree Swallows chirp their song.

The door swooshed open, breaking the pleasant peace of the morning. Laurel Smith walked in. She dusted her dress lightly and almost tripped over her own feet while scurrying over towards her daughter's bed to rip off the covers, mumbling profanities. The woman thought that the girl was still asleep, although the child's brain contradicted.