Red like an apple.

─────

Julia.

─────

This morning is different.

This morning I lay in bed, staring up at my ceiling. Nerves bursting through my chest, overwhelming my senses. I couldn't help but think about yesterday. My mind was filled with excitement to start the day.

─◌✰್

I enjoy the satisfying crunch of the leaves under my boots as I make the long tread to school. I can't stop my mind from racing, excited to see another day. I smile as I watch my brother jump around, giggling. My eyes trail along the flamboyant trees. I am a lover of the autumn, of the colours that are bold and homely, strong and yet a call to remember our Earth and all she gives in the harvest months. I could let my eyes soak in those scarlet maple-hands and the golden leaves that create more beauty than I'd ever dare ask for. It is the season of inner calm and a kindly stoicism etched in memories of joy. I stop walking, letting the breeze pass by me, tossing and playing with my hair.

I look up, spotting a flock of geese cutting through the pale blue sky.

I stretched-

"Hello?" a soft voice speaks out from behind me. I turn abruptly, startled. And meet the curious eyes of Gilbert Blythe.

"Gilbert!" I exclaim, my eyes widen in surprise, "um, sorry you startled me."

The dark haired boy smirks. "So you do remember me."

"No, I don't remember you. Who are you again? Grigory Blake?" I respond sarcastically.

"What a coincidence. We meet again." He chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'd ask you the same thing."

"Well I am going to school." I say before walking away. I can't be seen talking to him again. The girls would be furious.

He jogs up to me. "So how are you, Jules?"

I glare at him. "It's Julia for you."