A Wheeler's Family Christmas Outing

(Skipping season 1 episode 8: the daddy whisperer)

"Woah, what's going on in here?" Riley questioned, walks into the apartment, with a colorful inflatable beach ball in her hands.

"Wheeler Beach. Where strangers don't ask you to rub lotion on their back." Ben said as he crossed the apartment towards the bathroom.

He and Mia were already dressed for work while everyone were all in summer clothes.

"And where there's our own personal Snow Cone stand. Can I interest you in a cool treat?" Tucker said alluringly as Riley sat on a stool at the counter

Emma, who was seated in her pink and purple bouncer next to Danny, who was lounging in a kiddie pool that was about seven sizes too small for him.

"One of the benefits of never defrosting the freezer." Tucker said as he scooped some shaved ice into a red solo cup.

"Your current flavor choices include beer or ketchup."

Riley gagged at the mere thought of a ketchup snow cone.

"I recommend the combo."

"I thought we were going to the real beach. You know, where I can ask strangers to rub lotion on my back." Riley said, excited as she clutched onto the beach ball.

"We were." Ben informed her, stepping out of the bathroom as he fixed his tie.

"Unfortunately, Mia and I got called into work." He said

"The hottest day of the year! What kind of crazy person is even going to be out?" Ben continued as he successfully fixed his tie.

On cue, Bonnie was the next person to barge in through the always-open apartment door.

"Merry Christmas everybody!" She exclaimed as she emerged into the room in a red Christmas sweater and jeans.

"Are you all ready to revive a cherished Wheeler family tradition?"

"Alright! Pancake eating contest!" Danny raved excitedly, throwing his fist in the air.

"No,I was talking about the annual Christmas card photo! It was Benji's idea." Bonnie elaborate and Ben cheered.

LWhoo! Family photo."

Riley, Tucker, Danny, and Mia stared at them blankly.

"Mom used to dress us up like reindeer and make us look like idiots." Danny said, emerging from his tiny pool as he joined Tucker at the counter.

Tucker was wielding a wooden spoon and another solo cup of ice he was about to contaminate with condiments and alcohol mixed together.

"I know, but now Emma's here, I wanna dress her up like a reindeer and make her look like an idiot." Ben teased.

"I always loved the Wheeler Christmas cards!" Riley said sentimentally, her hand over her heart.

"It was the highlight of the season!" Mia adds

"Aw, thank you, Mia!" Bonnie said.

"We put it on our fridge and laughed." Riley made sure to inform Bonnie and the smile quickly dropped from her face into a glare directed at her.

"...in admiration whenever we saw it!"

"Well, it's a good because Mia and you are gonna be in the picture this year. You, too, Tuck." Ben announced, motioning towards each of them individually.

"This is a family thing, and you're all part of Emma's family now."

"Yes! I finally get to be in a Christmas card where we're not all wearing matching plaid sweater vests!" Tucker cheered, raising a cup of mangy ice in toast.