Pilot (Pt:3)

"9 am. She'll be ready." Ben hung up the phone.

"Done." He told Danny and Tucker.

"Somebody from the adoption agency will be here first thing in the morning." Tucker was concerned, though

"You okay?" Ben nodded.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Ben, if you don't want to do this, man--"

"It doesn't matter." Ben interrupted Danny.

"Mom was right. I couldn't raise this baby even if I wanted to." Danny patted his shoulder.

"Bro, it's going to be okay. It happened, you dealt with it, and now, like you said, we're never talking about this again."

"No, don't

"No, don't. I swear to God." Riley told Danny later at the bar.

"Okay. Okay." He laughed. She pointed her finger at him. "No, I will hurt you."

"Okay!"

"So... Did you always like Ben?" Mia came up behind her, teasingly..

Riley gasped.

"How did you know?"

"The way you sounded when I called you."

"Oh, my God, you two are obsessed!" Then she sighed. "I don't know. Kind of. Guess I always thought maybe someday, but back then I just figured I was too fat, or too--"

"loud, or too hairy, or--"

"Okay, we're not making a list." Riley stopped Danny.

Both Mia and Danny laughed.

"Well, you've grown to be a beautiful and successful woman." Danny told her.

"I think you can safely move on from Ben Wheeler."

Riley furrowed her eyebrows. "Why would I want to do that?"

Mia raised her eyebrows. "Uh, did you miss the part in the story about the baby?"

"The baby he doesn't want to give up?" Riley was confused.

"If that's true, then why did he make that call?"

"Because his entire family is telling him he can't do it. If nobody believes in him, how can he believe in himself?" Riley tells them

"He can't do it alone."

"You don't know that."

"I'm going to get a drink, you two want anything?" Mia said as she gets up

"I'm good."

"Same."

As Mia walks towards the  bar counter and waits to get her drink

Riley's phone beeped.