Before

Jens entry

I slowly open my laptop. I don't even want to open my email, I just want to eat pizza. Today, I'm supposed to recieve an email from the producers, informing me whether I got the part in The Hunger Games or not. I've got the email, but I've not opened it. As I open the email, my heart beats faster and faster.

I read the email over and over again. It reads:

Good Morning Jennifer.

I'm delighted to inform you that you have got the role of Katniss Everdeen. As soon as I saw you I just knew you would make the perfect Katniss. Josh Hutcherson, who you met briefly during auditions, will be portraying Peeta Mellark. I have attached the full cast list so that you know who you will be working with. I can't wait to start working with you. Congratulations.

Kind regards, the producers.

I can't believe it. I got the role of Katniss Everdeen. I sit there, on my bed, as thoughts fly through my mind. Quickly, I look through my bag for a piece of paper that Josh gave me with his number on it. I finally find it, grab my phone and dial his number.

I've only met him once but I need to get to know who I'll be working with. After about a minute, Josh finally answers.

"Hello, Josh Hutcherson speaking."

"Um, hi, it's Jennifer Lawrence. I don't know if you remember me from auditions for The Hunger Games but I found out today that I got the role for Katniss and that you got the role for Peeta."

"Oh, hi Jen, hope you don't mind me calling you that by the way. Congrats. So glad that I'm going to be working with you." I smile. "Me too, can't wait for filming. Congrats to you too."

We were on the phone for 2 hours. He seems really nice. I really can't wait to start filming. Tomorrow, me and Josh are going to meet up at Starbucks. I'm so excited.