Chapter 14

Nora McCarthy's POV

After cleaning my wound and the glasses were cleaned up and disposed of by the old butler, Logan told me that I have everything that I needed to shower in the bathroom. I nodded at him, looking at the bandage that he put on my fingers before he went out of the bedroom—our bedroom—to give me some privacy as he put it. I sighed before I was pulling the shirt and pants off my body whilst looking at the enormous bathroom. The shower was huge enough for two people to be inside it, not that I was thinking of sharing my shower with anyone. Then, I thought of Logan, in which I instantly blushed.

I was shaking my head, stepping inside the shower, and opened the faucet. I sighed with content as I was rubbing the lukewarm water onto my skin with aching muscles from today's event. I was breathing deeply before I was looking at the wet tiles. I cannot believe this. The fact that my parents were gone forever and I was left alone with the man that I just married as a part of an agreement between him and my father.

I washed my hair before I was looking around for a shampoo. There was none besides the one that Logan used, Herbal Essence. I took some of it and lashed it in my hair. It smelled nice and I loved it. No wonder his hair looks so smooth and shiny all the time, I thought as I was combing through my hair with my fingers as the foam was forming on my hands and hair. I sighed again before I rinsed it and looked for a conditioner, which was located next to the shampoo.

It would seem that Logan O'Sullivan was very particular with his hair routine.

I put the conditioner on and left it for 3 minutes. In the meantime, I pumped some body wash and scrubbed my body. I closed the faucet as I was trying to save water in every way I could. Our usage of water has been exponential every year. So, it would be a good practice to do as such.

After that, I rinsed off every soap that I have on my body before I was closing the faucet for the last time. I went out of the shower and took a fluffy towel before I dried myself up. I was looking at the mirror that was foggy before I wiped it.

My eyes were looking at the person with a blonde mane and blue-green eyes. But all I can see was the hair that I inherited from my mother and the eyes that my father used to look at me. I was touching my reflection on the mirror before my eyes stung. "Mammy, Daddy," I whispered before I closed my eyes and wimped like the girl that I was. I never cried for anyone but the fact that my parents were gone and I haven't been seeing them for the longest time, really hit me hard.

Then, there was a knock on the door. "Nora, are you okay?" Logan's muffled voice asked before I was breathing harshly, the tears would not stop rolling down my cheeks. I took a deep breath as I was wiping my cheeks when the door suddenly opened and a disheveled Logan entered the bathroom. I glared at him before I was crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Can I have at least a moment to myself, Logan? I cannot take it that you are bursting into the room every time I was in there," I said, trying to toughen myself up. Logan was looking at my face before his turquoise eyes were looking at me up and down.

Then, I realized that I was only in my towel.

I scoffed at him as I was pulling the towel tighter around my body, knowing that Logan was feasting his eyes on me. My heart skipped at the thought. "Will you please stop looking at me like that?" I hissed at him before I was trying to conceal my body, with the limited cloth which was my towel. Logan smirked at me as he was crossing his arms in front of his chest.

He tilted his head. "It's not like anything I wouldn't know. Besides, I had a lot of women before I tied myself to you so it was nothing at all," he said before I was glaring murderously at him. I rolled my eyes when Logan cleared his throat. "And I have to burst in since you have been taking for so long to shower that makes me wonder what are you doing in here?" he said as Logan was arching his eyebrow at me. I was furrowing my eyebrows as I don't understand what he was asking of me.