𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐚/𝐧: so, this book almost has 1K reads, and I'm so blown away by that. it is also currently the #1 #hemsworth book in that tag, and i literally have no words. thank you so much for every read, vote, comment, everything! i'm soooo appreciative! also, as was the popular preference, i've posted the first nsfw chapter for this book to a separate book titled waves: after dark. if smut is your thing, check it out!!

-----------------

Erik leaned back in his chair with the infamous smirk of an arrogant man who just knew that he'd won the game. He'd crafted and perfected his strategy and was finally living in the fruits of his labor.

"The infamous Ororo Munroe."

"My friends call me Ororo. You can call me Storm."

His smirk melted into a grin. "You sure that's still an appropriate name given your current position?" He referred to the cuffs on her wrists meant to inhibit her powers. "Not to mention, Storm is a wanted woman in how many countries?"

She leaned forward and tilted her head. "Is this the part where you tell me that you're going to turn me in?"

He chuckled, nodding and rubbing his hands together. "I must admit. I was expecting more." She mirrored his grin, the gesture failing to meet his dark and empty eyes. "The infamous weather witch and yet....look at you."

"Sorry to disappoint." She eyed the vibranium bars separating them. "Lower these, and perhaps I can sway you."

"Aren't you forgetting a lil' something?"

She followed his line of vision to the cuffs. A laugh. "You really think I need my powers to kill you?"

"I thought the Avengers were against killing innocents."

"Let's not play games with each other. I'm not an Avenger, Mr. Stevens, and we both know that you are far from innocent."

His eyes widened with faux surprise. "That's right. You and T'Challa were together or something, right?" His smile deepened at the falter in her grin at the mention of the fallen king. "A shame you weren't there for the entire fight, but I suppose you were able to catch the best part." Her jaw clenched as he mimicked throwing T'Challa over the cliff, her eyes closing to prevent the uncontrollable surge of her powers.

He sensed the discomfort she felt at trying to manually subdue her abilities while also ignoring the painful inhibitors glued to her wrists. "You good?"

"What do you want? We both know that I'll die before I tell you where they are."

"Oh, I ain't worried about auntie and lil cuz. They're no threat to me, and if that changes, well...." He trailed off as she continued to maintain her composure, something that was becoming increasingly difficult. "I want you by my side."

She laughed heartily. "You really are insane."

"We're not too different you and me." He sat back in his chair and crossed his arms. "I read your files. Shame about your parents. And you being Hydra's guinea pig? Some tough sh-"

"Is there a reason behind this because I must be honest, execution's appeal brightens with each word that leaves your mouth."

He continued. "Trying to find your place in this world. By whatever means necessary."

"Clearly." A beat. "Though I must say, our body counts....there's a bit of a difference."

"Is there?"

"You kill for ego. I killed for survival. For the lives of the innocent. To protect."

"Is that what you tell yourself?" She sensed the brewing anger behind his question. "Maybe you got more in common with these folks than you realize."