ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ sᴇʀɪᴇs ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2

"So, Bethany Martin asked me out yesterday," Max said, taking small sips of her third beer.

"No way!" Y/n smiled, gently tapping Max's leg with her foot. "What'd you say?"

"I kind of haven't responded," Max grimaced slightly.

"What do you mean?" Will asked.

"She messaged me on Instagram but I haven't opened it," Max pushed herself from side to side on her skateboard, pursing her lips at the ground.

"Why not?" Will questioned, grabbing another beer from the pack and holding his hand out. Y/n tossed him the bottle opening without request.

"I don't know, I've never gone out with a girl and I've only just begun to figure out my sexuality, what if I go out with her and realize I'm into guys?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"Max, I don't think sexuality is that fickle, and a first date is meant to figure out if you like someone," Lucas pointed out.

"Yeah. Besides, how are you going to figure out your sexuality if you don't explore it. Plus, Bethany is a total babe," y/n winked.

"Did you just call a girl a babe in front of your boyfriend?" Lucas asked, gasping with mock scandal.

"Mike, do you think Bethany Martin is a babe?" Y/n asked, leaning her head back against Mike's shoulder

"Totally. Just not as much as you are," he said, kissing her cheek.

"So I should say yes?" Max asked, looking unsure.

"Absolutely," y/n smiled softly.

"But if Max gets a girlfriend, I'll be the only single girl in the group," Elle pouted.

"Elle, I could set you up in an instant," Y/n rolled her eyes. "You're pretty, you're sweet with an edge, you're funny, and guys at school have been tripping over you since you started there."

"But boys scare me," Elle stuck out her bottom lip.

"You could always switch teams like I did," Max smirked.

"Girls can be just as scary as guys," Y/n pointed out, "remember my girlfriend Angela? Our relationship lasted four months longer than it should have because I was too scared to break up with her." Mike squeezed his arms around her waist, making sure she knew he was there. He dipped his hand under her shirt, running his thumb along her hip.

"Bro, Angela went to juvie," Lucas said.

"Are you serious?" Y/n's eyes widened.

"Yeah, she fucking stabbed some poor bastard down at Walmart because he stepped on her shoe," he explained.

"Holy shit," Dustin muttered.

"Is he okay?" Elle asked.

"Yeah, she missed any major organs so he's alive," Lucas shrugged.

"Thats fucking insane."

"It's a miracle she didn't lay a hand on our precious y/n," Max said, leaning over to pinch y/n's cheeks.

"She'd be dead, not in juvie," Mike grumbled, his chin nudging into her neck.

"Switching the topic to something lighter," Elle widened her eyes with a small laugh, "hopper said I'm good to go on the camping trip," she smiled.

"Ugh, yes!" Y/n threw her head back with a cheer.

"Am i the only one concerned about 7 teenagers alone in the woods for a full 48 hours?" Will asked.

"Don't worry, Steve already went full on dad mode on me and worked out a strict schedule that I have to call him and send him proof of life pictures," Y/n shook her head.

"You know, as annoying as he is sometimes, it's nice that someone cares so much about us," Max pointed out.

"It really is," Y/n agreed. "You know he taught me how to change my tire last week? He didn't even know how, he was just so determined to teach me that he spent three days YouTubing it," she shook her head with a soft smile.

"That guy has too much love to give," Dustin said.

"Is there such a thing?" Y/n questioned.

"For sure," Lucas answered, tipping the neck of his beer towards her. Her phone buzzed loudly in her pocket, making her groan. She pulled it out with a sigh, her eyes widening as soon as it lit up.

"Crap!" She sat up quickly, "Speak of the fucking devil, I left my location on in snap, Steve knows where we are."

"Y/n!"

"I'm sorry! Let's get out of here before he comes down. You can all crash at my place, parents are gone again," she said as she opened her messages to text him back.