rain on me.

it felt like a grand meeting. in the parking lot of the church hall, john stood in between paul and stuart. he leaned his arm on paul's shoulder and tilted his head towards him.

"paul, this is one of my good friends, stuart. or stu." he then shifted to stuart's side. "stu. paul. he's my partner, and part of the band. he plays guitar and piano too, ain't that right paul?"

"nice to meet you, mate." stuart gave the younger boy a small smile and held out his hand, which paul warmly took and returned a "it's a pleasure."

ahem. the girl who was seated cross legged on top of stuart's faded and dented 1957 chevrolet, cleared her throat obnoxiously at them.

"oh, um. this is stu's sister.." john gestured towards the girl behind him and took her hand to help her get down.

"-violet." she swiftly hopped off. her leather boots made a thump sound on the road and her hands dusted off her skirt. she stepped in front of paul, less than a foot away from him and held out her hand. a strand of hair blew against her cheeks. her hair was still shoulder length at the time.

"paul. paul mccartney." he looked at her as her eyes drowned in his stare of those large, round, almond eyes. he placed his rough hand on her tender one and gave it a shake. she could tell by the texture of his fingers that he for sure played guitar. "are you part of the band?" he asked.

at the thought of her being part of john and her brother's silly little band, violet laughed hysterically. "you mean the quarrymen?" "no." she replied in the most deadpan tone.

paul raised his eyebrows at her. "okay, so that's how it is." he glanced down at their hands which were wrapped around one another and coincidentally on cue, the church organs sounded the wedding march. it startled the four, causing their heads to turn around. a young newlywed couple and all their family members dressed extravagantly emerged from the front doors.

paul felt violet's hand slide off his which caused him to regained focus. "ugh, weddings." violet leaned back onto the blue vehicle and picked her nails. paul shook his head, dismissing the current situation and looked back at his friends. he stepped in between the two boys, who were watching the bride and groom get into a black limousine.

"they're going to shag tonight." john plainly commented to which stuart just blinked at him. "and you aren't." violet wittily remarked. she expected john to playfully tell her to fuck off, and then have her walk away until he 'begs for forgiveness', but he simply chuckled and said, "stu, why aren't you as funny as your sister?" stuart shrugged. "because i'm not mean."

"tough luck. i'm taking off now. goodbye." violet stood up and turned her back, waving without looking behind, until she stopped in her tracks and glanced behind her, meeting his eyes. he noticed her voice soften at him. "bye, paul."

author's notes

"silly little band," violet honey .. smh they're going to change the fucking world!
also read in dark mode