Chapter 12.

Unedited. Sorry :(

***

Maya

Being back in New York felt weird. After a week I felt so out of place. It was like this heavy weight dropped on my shoulders and I was climbing up a mountain with it. I was currently in the car after riding in the private plane Carmelo had set up.

Since he was so busy with work he sent Dominico and 2 other guys with me while he and Maxine handled business. Though I'm never sure what business because he never includes me unless it's needed desperately.

After last night I couldn't sleep much. Even though I knew his actions were to help me piss off Daniel I couldn't shake the feeling he left behind. He had some serious sex skills up his sleeve. The way his lips touched my skin and the way his finger felt against my shirt. Maybe there was just some sexual tension created.

Either way I had to get Joyce's opinion. I could hear her now telling me how I should've fucked him on the table. But truth be told while Carmelo is extremely handsome I hadn't thought about him sexually... until now. The whole Daniel thing just put a major pause in that area for me.

"Earth to Maya. I think we're here." Dominico says.

I look out the window and realized we are parked in front of Joyce's place. I get out the car and make my way towards her door before ringing the door bell.

She opens the door and smiles. "Hey bitch!"

I enter her house to see all her bags packed up by the door.

"Damn Joyce do you plan on returning home?" I asked. She had over 4 luggage's packed.

"It's just in case they decide I can't leave... which I'm totally okay with." She jokes.

I hug her and laugh. "I miss you."

"I miss you too."

I was about to say something else when my phone began to vibrate. I instantly smile and pick up the phone.

"Hey Jasmine." I say knowing I haven't talked to her in over a week.

I texted her before I left Italy letting her know I would be in town and I only wanted to see her.

"Hey. How was your flight?" She asks.

"It was good... are you okay?"

She sighs. "I would head back to Italy if I were you. She went through my phone and found out you were here and she's telling Daniel now. She has an attitude because my dad won't give her money."

Jasmine and I don't share the same father. Unfortunately he was some man my mom got involved with after her and my dad fell out. There was a time where he came back and treated her as his own though.

I rolled my eyes. Of course she would tell him. I felt bad knowing she was using her controlling ways on Jasmine as well.

"Is that Maya give me the phone!" I hear yelling and shuffling. "Daniel informs me that you were fucking someone while on the phone with him! How disgusting can you get?"

"Jasmine I love you. I'll talk to you later." I say hoping she can hear me. I hung up the phone quickly and sighed.

"Damn was that your moms yelling like that?" Joyce asks. "Wait who was you fucking?"

I chuckled. "Funny story actually."

"Bitch I'm all ears."

***

We wasted no time getting to the plane. I couldn't see Jasmine so there was no reason for me to stick around. I also listened to Joyce rant about how rich they were. She was in complete awe.