Chapter 15

The night had been an eternity of agony for Luis, but finally, the sunlight crept through the cracks, signaling the end of his torment. He thought the night would never end, but the dawn brought a new wave of horrors.

The door opened again, and three individuals walked in. Luis turned to see who it was, his eyes widening in shock. It was Elliot, Patrick, who wore a mask that made him look exactly like Custom Jaynes, a man who had died years ago. The mask was refurbished, looking a bit older, but the resemblance was uncanny. Ahmed, dressed in his Muslim attire, accompanied them.

Luis's mind reeled as he tried to process the scene before him. "Cus... Custom Jaynes! You guys work together?" he stammered, his voice barely above a whisper.

Patrick laughed loudly, the sound echoing through the room, and sat on the flat surface where Luis lay, tied and helpless. "I'm not who you think I am, detective!" he said, his voice dripping with malice.

Luis's confusion deepened. "What do you mean?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Patrick didn't alter a word; instead, he stood up, took a few steps backward, and pulled out the mask, revealing his true self. Luis's eyes widened in shock as he took in Patrick's features.

"Who the hell are you, and what have you done with Custom Jaynes!" Luis exclaimed, his mind racing with questions.

Patrick's smile grew wider. "Oh, Custom Jaynes died a long time ago, probably twenty-five years ago."

Luis's eyes narrowed. "What!?"

Patrick's voice was devoid of emotion. "I killed him because he stood in the way of my business and drugs. I inherited his properties and ports with the help of this mask and this audio," he said, holding up a small device that made his voice sound exactly like Custom Jaynes.

Luis's horror deepened as Patrick continued. "At first, I didn't want to kill his wife and children. His wife was a pretty woman; I fell in love with her, and the kids... I wanted to raise them as my own while my son here was in Mexico." He gestured to Elliot, who stood beside him, a devious smile spreading across his face.

Luis's mind reeled as he tried to process the twisted tale unfolding before him. He was trapped in a nightmare, and he didn't know if he would ever wake up.
Luis's eyes widened in horror as Patrick's words hung in the air like a challenge. "He is your son? That means you guys are behind all this?"

Patrick nodded, a sly smile spreading across his face. "Yeah. Apparently."

Luis's mind reeled as Patrick continued his twisted tale. "I didn't know how she came to find out I'm not actually her husband, and attempted to expose me. I planned a fatal accident that killed her and her children. You must know too well about the accident."

Luis's anger boiled over, his voice shaking with rage. "You murderer! You are worse than your son! You wiped out an entire family, even children, for your own selfish reasons?"

Patrick shrugged, his expression unrepentant. "Actually, there's more to that." He sat back on the surface where Luis lay helpless and naked. "There's a lot you don't know about me, Luis Powell, I mean Luis Cutter!" He smiled, his eyes glinting with malice.

Luis's eyes narrowed, his mind racing. "How did you know that's my real name, you freak!"

Patrick laughed, the sound sending shivers down Luis's spine. "You survived that night, didn't you?"

Luis's mind flashed back to the night of his parents' murder, when he was knocked down by Mrs. Powell, his foster mother, and rushed to the hospital. It was reported that a car ran him over when he was running across the road and died, all to save his life because the killers were after him too.