Chapter 1

Five years...

Five freaking years have passed.

Five years since she left.

Since Luz left the Boiling Isles.

However, she did promise one thing.

One thing that should have been the glimmering hope for the green-haired witch that was waiting for her from the other side of her realm.

"Promise me you'll be back. Please..."

"I promise..."

"When...? Please...let me know when you'll ever be coming back?"

"A year...See you after a year..."

Ever since then, those were the human's last words for the waiting witch.

She waited and waited every single day ever since she left. She couldn't forget the promise the human has made for her.

She trusted Luz Noceda so much that she would never think that she'll ever betray her by destroying the promise she supposed to make a year after her departure.

"Amity! How long are you going to stay inside your room?!"

Amity snapped back to the reality with the voice coming outside her room. The reality where Luz never came back. The reality where she was alone, waiting for that promise to be fulfilled by the dorky human herself.

"Coming!" She yelled.

Standing up on her feet, she started to fix herself. She walked towards the mirror of her room, combing her now brown hair with some hint of teal in the bottom of every strand of her hair then tied it up in her usual way like how she did as a 14-year old witch-in-training.

Turning the doorknob and opening the door, she met the concerned eyes of the blue-haired witch, who was adjusting her glasses as she gazed upon her. 

A smile crept upon her lips seeing Willow in front of her. She was finally overjoyed with their fixed and now new profound friendship over the broken ones.

And it's all because of...her...

Amity's gaze then avoided Willow's, which she rubbed her right arm using her left hand. She remembered the human again, who left her.

"I know you misses her and so do I..." Willow started, placing a hand on the brown-haired witch's left shoulder. "But we must continue to move forward...alright?"

Amity's sadness was overcame by her now profound anger as she clutched her hair with her face scrunching in defeat.

"Ughhh! Why does she have to promise something she would never even do anyways!?" she yelled, tears trickling down her cheeks without her noticing.

Willow cupped her cheeks fully, both thumbs gently and softly wiping her tears away. "Look at me Amity... She may have her reason but-"

"WHAT reason?!" she screamed at Willow with her eyes widening, tears filling those amber eyes of hers.

She has been desperate to see her but she's slowly realizing how much that one promise hurt her so much for the past five years. That human hurt her for so long that she might not even want to forgive her once she arrives.

If she'll ever arrive anyways...

"You...you don't understand... There was no reason for her not to come back...We...we defeated Belos and my parents lost too... I'm me...I'm me now...Why does she have to lie to us about coming back?"