Chapter 7

I saw Madison look up then glance at me quickly. The rest of the night was just completely awkward.

~The Next Day~

The alarm clock went off, time for school. I got up and changed then went to the bus stop. The only one there was Madison. Great.

"Hey Mikayla." Madison started off with. "Listen I'm sorry about what happened the other day and at the dance."

"It's fine, nothing to worry about." I said.

"No, no it's not. I screwed it up. I don't even know what I was thinking. You've only been here for what a week? I'm sorry okay."

"Madison I told you that it's okay."

"How about we hang out on Friday. Just you and me."

"I don't know. I told Mikey that we'd go to this open class in Brooklyn this weekend."

"Oh, it's okay. Maybe another day." I turned around to see if he bus was anywhere near. Lucky me, it was. Madison and I got on the bus. Since I knew no one I sat by myself in the back while Madison was with his friends. I checked my phone to see where Mikey was. Turns out he got a ride from his mom. Ever since the dance everything's been awkward.

The bus stopped. I got off and went to my locker. I looked at my schedule to see what class I have, English. With Madison, Mikey, and Jamie. I shrugged it off and opened up my locker. I grabbed my English binder and headed to class.

The bell rang, what a great day this is. I rushed to English. I opened the door and walked in. Lucky me, the teacher wasn't looking and hasn't taken attendance. I looked around to find a seat. The only one left is next to Madison.

"Ms. Acosta why are you late to my class?" the teacher asked. Shoot.

"Locker problems Mrs. Cortez." I lied. Hopefully it works.

"1 dollar in the late jar and I won't count you tardy." Mrs. Cortez told me. I walked to the desk and put my stuff down to find a dollar. All I've got is a $5 bill for lunch. Someone slid a dollar on the desk. I looked up to see it was Madison that gave it to me.

"Thanks." I whispered to Madison. I took the dollar and walked to the jar. I slipped the dollar in the jar and walked back. I sat down and tried to focus on the lesson.

"Okay children since many of you look like you aren't paying attention, you have homework." Mrs. Cortez said. "400 word essay on what was one of your best experiences that has happened this year. It is due at the end of the week. It must of the proper font..." Blah blah blah is all I heard after the first sentence. I don't do anything exciting in my life so this is gonna be hard.

~3rd Period~

Art. Not really my thing but hey I'll give it a try.

"Okay class, we have an open house coming up and I would like for all of my art classes to make a drawing or sculpture with a partner." the teacher said. "I've already assigned your partners." Blah blah blah. "Mikayla and Madison are partners." Well here comes the worst situation ever.