Chapter 19 - Rizza

The next day came, and I'm still in shock after reading the letter that Rizza left in my room. It makes me wonder what a person like her is doing inside Trosta.

"Shouldn't the three of them use a vehicle to get to their destination faster?" Rachelle asks as we all watch Zy, Zack, and Miya prepare for their scouting mission.

"They need to minimize as much attention as possible out there. Using a car would only attract infected or survivors around them, and worse, it might cause their deaths since we all know who we're dealing with here." David explained.

Damn, straight to the point.

"What makes those Navigators dangerous, anyway? Other than leading groups of infected wherever they please, which is pretty scary to begin with," I asked.

"Anna and I spied their old camp before. Then we noticed this massive stockpile of guns and ammunition. I have no idea how they got their hands on those weapons, but that's one thing that makes them dangerous. If we're about to engage in a fight against that group... then it would be our loss," he explained.

I see. So that's why he's only sending three people.

"Wait, you've spied their camp before? Why won't we go to that place then?" Rachelle asked.

"It's pointless. That old camp was abandoned, and it looks like they moved to another place. This scout mission is our only key to finding those people again," he replied.

"What do we do once we track them?"

"Devise a plan so we could take their camp down without having heavy casualties." David replied.

Such an ambitious idea, but I support him. Those people are a threat not only to us but to other survivors out there as well, struggling every day and hoping to see the next sunrise.

"I just hope that those three could make it back here alive. After all, they're exploring an unknown area." He adds as he stares at Miya, Zack, and Zy as they walk out the gates of Trosta.

I was about to walk away when I glanced at Zack.

He smiled and waved his hands at me. The thought of them not returning to Trosta brought a strange, heavy feeling to my chest.

Be safe...

- - -

I took a deep breath as I slowly knocked at the wooden door.

The letter that Rizza left in my room is something that caught me off guard. She just revealed something that would change everyone's way of thinking about her.

I should've told David first, but...

"Oh, I thought you wouldn't come." Rizza smiled as she peeked at the door.

"I've read the letter. I'm here to know what the heck is going on."

She nodded slowly and opened the door to her cabin.

"Rizza, what is this all about?" I queried.

She leaned against the wall and looked at me with her eyebrow raised. "What do you mean?"

"Why would you tell me that?"

She then smirked and scratched the back of her neck.

"Oh, that? Well, I just thought of revealing my true identity in the end before leaving this place."

Leaving Trosta?

"Does anyone know anything about this?"

"Nah, just the two of us," she smiled.