|Thirty|

Hey guys! Just a reminder that TFR will be ending in the next few chapters! About 8-10 chapters left! Who's excited?! I'm trying to round up as fast as I can so I can concentrate on other books. Love you all!

"I can't believe this. Rocket helped you leave?" I ask Luke, flabbergasted. "He helped you leave London and he never even spoke about it to me, or assured me that you were safe." I scoff, wondering how wicked Rocket could be.

"Yes. I'm not surprised. I did tell him to look after you and Louis after I left. I can see he did that but I was filled with so much rage to return to see you getting married to him."

"I almost went insane that day, Luke. It wasn't funny. You could've told me at least, and then I wouldn't have acted so crazily chasing you arou— He shuts me up with a kiss. I smile. "I missed this. I missed you."

"I missed us." He responds, as we share another hug.

"I don't want you around Rocket again, Natalie."

"There's something I saw right before I came here today, Luke."

"What?" He asks.

"A few nights ago, Alex said something to me that made wonder if it was all just a coincidence or a conspiracy to take all three of us out. We owned CI— all three of us together."

"And?"

"Today, I saw Alex's admission papers in Rocket's house. It had his name and signature. He put Alex in that place, Luke. What's to say he didn't plan your accident?"

"Caleb did. Caleb was behind my accident, and like I said, it was Rocket who helped me. Just before I drove the car, he called me."

Flashback, 4 Years Ago
"We have nothing more to discuss, Rocket. Natalie made her decision. She chose me."

"Listen! If you're already driving, I need you to open the door and get out as fast as you can! If you aren't, do not drive your car under any—

"What? What is this, a joke?" I could sense the seriousness in his voice.

"Your car is filled with explosives! Where are you? I'll come to you."

*
"Oh, my God. It can't be. It can't." I state, my eyes filling up with water. It was all starting to make sense.

"Natalie? What happened? What is it?!"

I gasp, realizing who Rocket truly was. "I saw a video in the company. It was the day the police came for you. After we'd all left, Caleb stayed behind. He didn't leave the company according to the camera. However, when I rewatched I saw something odd. It was Rocket. He went to the company that day. He met with Caleb that day."

"Hello?!" A voice calls out, and myself and Luke get up, panicked. Nobody could see us. He takes my heels, and we both rush to the opposite corner of the yacht.

"Natalie?" The voice calls again.

"It's Alex. Give me my shoes." I say, as I begin to dress up. I turn around for him to zip me up. He does, and again, he places a trail of wet kisses down from my neck to my shoulders.

"Luke, we have to stop, and I have to go." I state in a low tone, turning around to get my shoes.

"I'll do it." He insists. I smile at him. He bends, and puts my shoes on for me. "Thank you." I mouth, as we hold hands. We look into each other's eyes. We kiss. I nod at him.

"Yes, Alex? Is that you?" I ask, coming out of the shadows.

"Natalie. What are you doing here?" He asks. "What happened to your hair? You looked good with your hair up."

"I had to get away from there. Seeing—

"My sister with Richard. . ." He completes. I nod, hoping that he didn't figure out that I was here with Luke.

"Come on. Take my arm. Let's get back downstairs."

****

"Rose, I'd like you to meet Natalie. My very good friend and my—

"Ex wife?" She completes. I roll my eyes and sigh. Bloody hell.

"I see Mother wasted no time."

"Actually, I just found out this evening. I've always thought you had questionable taste, brother— this just confirms it."

"Remember a few months ago when you were so desperate to be friends with me? If I remember clearly, you complained about your husband not loving you. Heh. I'll just give you a hint. Have you seen yourself in the mirror, lately, Rose?" I respond, and walk off as she scoffs loudly behind me.

"Natalie!" I hear Alex call behind me, but I ignore. I didn't want to be here. At this moment, I just wanted and needed Luke. Everyone else didn't matter. He grabs my arm. Damn! I was tired of getting my arm grabbed.

"Will you?" I ask, looking at my arm. I sigh.

"I'm sorry for what my sister said to you, Natalie. It was uncalled for."

"And, I'm sorry I was rude to your sister, but you need to tell her to watch it. I was once very very horrible with words, so she should avoid provoking me. I think I need to be alone. I need to go home, and clearly I need to watch my space around you because your family seem to hate me."

"Woah. . . Slow dow—

"We've arrived at the docks. I'll go now, Alex. Have a good evening."

******

Getting home, it seems everyone's gone to bed. I head to the kitchen, famished. I open the fridge, and I take out the box of pre cooked dumplings and yoghurt. I take off my heels, as I find my way to the microwave. I heat up the food, and begin to eat.

"Natalie?" I turn around at once. "Aunt."

"I rarely see you these days, my darling. What are you doing to and with your life, my girl?"

"I don't understand Aunt Ruth. What do you mean?"

"I mean, you have a husband, a beautiful family that you've finally created. Why won't you treat your husband as you should?"

I gasp. "Auntie. I must tell you something," I say, rushing to meet her. "Lucas is alive, Aunt. I was always correct."

"This again? Oh—

"No! This time, he admitted it. He came to me himself. He confessed, that he's Lucas. We're back together, Aunt. Isn't that great?" She looks on, shocked at the revelation.

"But what if he's lying? Playing on your intelligence?"

"I slept with him. I know, that he's my Luke. It's his touch. It's him, aunt."

"Regardless, Natalie. You are married to Rocket. How could you do this? It's the same thing Luke accused you of. The very thing that ruined your marriage in the first place is what you've just done!"

"No, aunt." I state, turning around. I continue, "Lucas and I may not be married anymore, but he's still my soulmate. Rocket and I are getting a divorce. It'll be finalized in about a month or two. I'm going back to my real husband once all of this is over. Besides, Aunt. Rocket is not who he seems to be." I say, as I pick my yoghurt.

"I will always support your decisions, Natalie. However, I must call a spade, a spade. You've really become selfish. You used Rocket, and now that you have no use for him, you kick him to the curb. You've even used me, Ashley. . ."

"You think I'm selfish, aunt? Well, maybe I am. Maybe I just want to get everything I want when I want them, Aunt. Maybe. Maybe it's because for the longest, I've always thought about everyone else. Maybe it's because I've never put myself first! I mean, if I did actually put myself first, I would never have married Luke in the first place to save my family's face, would I? If you really were looking out for me, just as you claim, you would never have allowed my mother sell me off in the first place. I guess you can call that a spade."