|Thirtyseven|

"Are you okay?" I ask Luke as he walks in.

"Of course. Lydia's in town?" He asks.

"Well, I thought I saw her— how do you know though? I never told you she left."

"I have my means." He responds, and I roll my eyes. Of course. He was still Lucas Carrington after all. The doctor comes in.

"How are you feeling now?" The woman asks.

"Better, but a bit famished still. My first pregnancy was almost the same. I was always hungry half the time."

"It's normal. You have another person in you. So, I've spoken to your husband, and I've prescribed all the necessary drugs and your antenatal care visits. You may leave now." She says. Luke holds my hand.

"Thank God, you're okay, my sweet girl. I'll wait in the car for you."

****

"So what next? What will you do about Rose? How aren't we even sure the entire London doesn't know the truth already?"

"I didn't expect her to know so soon. It's all Rocket's fault. I'd have to deal with it. I'll go back there and see what I can do."

"Well, you obviously can't stay with her anymore, right?" I ask him. He had a home with me, with our son. He fumbles his response. "Right?" I ask again.

"I may have to—

"No! Luke, she knows. There's no point staying with her!"

"I told you— I have to. I don't want anyone else finding out who I really am. If word gets out before I'm able to turn Caleb in and find out if he has a partner, everything I've done so far will be all in vain." He explains.

"Aren't you tired of this? Revenge? Being away from your family?"

"This isn't revenge, Natalie."

"Lucas, I know you." I whisper. I couldn't risk a third party hearing our conversation. "You don't forgive people, and I know having Caleb locked up as you claim isn't all you have in store for him." I state. He looks at me, an eyebrow scrunched. We continue to stare at one another.

"Go home, get some rest, and I'll call you once I patch things up with Rose." He says, and I look at him, somewhat scared. I knew he wasn't a murderer, but there were worse things than murder. He needed to learn from my mistakes and end the cycle of revenge.

"Luke, do you have your money back? I mean, since you're no longer a suspect, the government should unfreeze your accounts, right?"

"Yes. I have access to it."

"That's why you refused to take my help?"

"You can say that." He responds, and I hug him, as tightly as I can. "Don't do anything foolish. Don't do anything that will put you in trouble for real this time." I plead with him. Loosing my ability to walk for 4 years made me believe that it was my karma. As Confucius once said, when embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. The paralysis was my grave, and I was lucky enough to crawl out of it and recover. Recovering from paralysis was unusual. I could only wonder how Luke would be punished.

********

Luke's POV

As I drive home, I begin to reminisce hearing Natalie and her aunt talk about Lydia. I take out my phone and dial her burner.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Hello? Why are you yelling?" She responds.

"You're in town! You're in town?" I ask. There's no response. "Come on! Natalie saw you. This wasn't what we agreed on, Lydia. What the hell are you doing?"