Chapter 1: Patrols and Acquaintances

NONE OF THESE PICTURES BELONG TO ME 

Btw the cat in the picture is MossKit :)

Time skip 3 moons later...... I'm to lazy to write 3 whole moons 😂 

"MossKit get back here!" MoonKit called as she chased her friend. "You'll never get me!" Mosskit giggled. "Oh yes I will!" MoonKit yelled as she disappears into the trees leaving only a trail of stars where she once was. MoonKit knew the territory pretty well now and had met almost all the residence of StarClan. Except for a few very special cats ThunderStar the first leader of ThunderClan, WindRunner and Tall Shadow. They was always busy talking to other cats, hunting or sharing stories about their time on the world below.. But today was the day she finally got to meet them! 

MoonKit POV 

  I ran through the starry Forrest feeling mist and stars form at my paws. I was used to this now knowing it's happened ever since I was first brought into the mysterious place. FireStar had shown me around as well as his mate SandStorm. I had made friends with almost everyone in StarClan even Yellowfang was starting to warm up to me! There were only a few cats I didn't know but I was planning on meeting them today. MoonKit quickly shook the thoughts out of her head and continued through the ShortCut the Thunderclan leader had taught her. As soon as I saw the sparkling River I knew I was getting close! MossKit was already waiting at the big tree I agreed to race her to. I carefully snuck up from behind and pounced on her. "Gotcha" I said sassily."HEY!" She exclaimed and quickly through me off. "Don't think you can take me down that easy!" Before I knew it she had me pinned down and was giggling. I was just about to throw her off but before I could do it the weight was lifted off of me. BlueStar was standing in front of me now MossKit in her mouth. "Mom let me go!" My friend wiggled attempting to break free.  

  Meanwhile I was staring up a BlueStar I had looked up to her ever since I was born. She was wise, calm, and fun while also being a little strict. 𝐰𝐨𝐰! I thought. A brownish red Tom padded up behind her "Now BlueStar what did I tell you" he replied Mischievous look on his face. "You have to actually put MossKit in water for her to learn how to swim." I looked to MossKit and he was right her struggle to get free looked like she was swimming in air. He looked to me and winked causing a small giggle to escape my lips. 𝐎𝐚𝐤𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐚𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐧! BlueStar sat down MossKit causing her to exclaim "Yes I broke free of the grasps of the spit monster!" A look of triumph on her face. She quickly took off running through the forest her starry pelt glimmering in the moonlight. 

  BlueStar rolled her eyes then licked her mates face. She whispered something in his ear but It was too quiet for me to hear. OakHeart snickered then gave his mate a weird unreadable look. Causing me to turn my head in confusion.The Tom walked over to me and whispered  "Well Moon that's my cue be good" he turned and started to walk towards his mate. Right before he disappeared into the starry forest he looked over his back and said "And Keep MossKit in line for me" he smiled then disappeared into the foliage. 

  I giggled and whisper hollered "I will" it wasn't loud but I know he heard me. "MoonKit where are you sweetheart?" My mother called her voice was gentle and soft every time I heard it I wanted to fall asleep it. "I'm here mother!" I said as she walked over and licked my head. 

 "I have someone for you to meet" my mother said I tilted my head. 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞? 

   A flame coloured Tom with a broad chest and white paws walked up behind my mom. I knew he was a leader because of his confident strides his chest was puffed out and he held his head high. "Greeting young one I don't think we've had the pleasure" the Tom said dipping his head respectfully. 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲? 𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐭 I wondered but it made me feel special kind of like a leader. But then I noticed the stars in my moms pelt shined much brighter than his. He must of been here a long time. I snapped back into reality "The mine is pleasure" I exclaimed trying to sound mature but then I realized I had mixed up my words I felt my pelt burn hot with embarrassment. 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐢t 

"No n-no I meant" I managed to get out I felt my ear tips burning. "I know what you meant",he chuckled warmly. This made me feel slightly less embarrassed. "ThunderStar is going to take you on a walk" FeatherTail explained seeing me starting to get a little more comfortable.

Then It hit me. 𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧 "Y-your ThunderStar like the The ThunderStar" I exclaimed in shock. "Yep that's him alright ain't that right Thundie" a dark grey Tom with burning yellow eyes came up behind him and put his arm on ThunderStar's back. The orange cat chuckled but I could tell he was embarrassed. 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛? I wondered 𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐞 My thought were cut off by "Not now brother I'm taking this young cat on a patrol" he said proudly puffing out his chest. 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲! 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧  𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 I though my heart lifted up immediately. "Well then I'm gonna leave you two or three to it I'll see you later dear" my mother's calming voice filled my ear she licked my ear and walked off stars and mist going along with her. My heart beat got slower as I started to relax. I didn't even realize it was pounding? "I should probably leave you two to it see you later brother" the grey Tom padded off. 

 "Well I guess that leaves us to it come young one", ThunderStar flicked his tail signalling me to follow and so I did. We started walking through the forest we were almost have way through when a small brown tabby she-cat darted past us causing ThunderStar to stop in his tracks.𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐫𝐮𝐝𝐞 I thought to myself. "Leafpool!" He exclaimed causing the she-cat to stop and turn around. "Oh sorry I was just taking a stroll" she said trying her best to sound calm though I could tell she was uncomfortable. "Seems more like a run to me" the Tom chuckled. "Sorry I guess I'm just a speed walker" she exclaimed as she sat down. "Guess so" he said calmly.  

The so called leafpool cat shifted her paws constantly it made me uncomfortable. I could tell she didn't want to be here. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥? I thought. "Have you met MoonKit yet?" he exclaimed moving his paw to reveal me. "Oh no I haven't" she tried to make her smile look genuine but I could see clear as the stars in my pelt that she was hiding pain and discomfort beneath it. I gulped I was so used to being around happy perky MossKit so the sadness she was emitting was just strange? Speaking of which where is Moss? I was snapped back into reality by the she-cats voice it was soft and and quiet yet it had a certain perkiness to it. "Hello young one I'm Leafpool." She exclaimed. I smiled at her yet was unsure of whether I wanted to be around her any longer. But whether I liked it or not I had just added 1 new acquaintance to my list.