Dreams and Nightmares

"Captain Jake..." Lord Fathom hissed mockingly.

Jake was surprised. "How are you here? I thought I had dealt with you."

"You didn't deal with me. I still have the emerald."

The scene changed, with Jake still in the middle. Cubby and Skully faced him.

"If you didn't leave, she wouldn't have died!" Cubby snarled. Jake was taken aback. Cubby never snarled at anyone.

"Who wouldn't have died?" Jake asked. He was confused.

"Don't play dumb with us now, "matey." Izzy died. At the hands of Lord Fathom." Skully said, mockingly at first.

"It's true. She was tortured by the mermaids under my control. She kept strong, hoping you'd come. You never did. She lost hope a month in, and died. I knew your weakness, Jake." Lord Fathom sneered as he appeared from the shadows once again.

"No! She couldn't have died!"

"She did die. Cubby and Skully couldn't do anything, because they didn't know where Izzy was. They didn't have their captain to guide them."

"NO!" Jake sobbed.

"I knew your weakness, Jake. You loved her, didn't you? She was a hostage. She didn't have her friends as she died. All she saw as she died, was her own blood in the ocean!" Fathom cackled darkly.

A ghostly version of Izzy appeared from nowhere. "You could have saved me, Jake. But you didn't. All you did was go on your voyage. You didn't care for your crew." She snarled, stepping forwards menacingly.

Jake was crying openly now, "I-I didn't know! I'm sorry!"

"Sorry won't change the fact that I spent my last month in a prison, being tortured as I waited for you!" Izzy growled at him.

"You are a horrible captain!" Captain Hook said from behind him.

"What?! I-I didn't-"

"You didn't try, that's what you did. I tried to save your lass. Mr. Smee, Sharky and Bones did too, pipsqueak. All ye cared about was your adventure! You and Pan, that's all that mattered, no?"

"NO! Stop! Please!"

"Jake... Jake, wake up!" A soothing voice called. "It's okay Jake. Wake up! It's all a nightmare!"

Jake woke up with a start.

-----

"Jake, are you okay?" Izzy asked.

"What?"

"She asked if you were okay, Jake." Cubby clarified.

"You were having a nightmare." Skully stated.

"Yeah, um, I think I'm alright. What are you doing here?" Jake asked.

"We were in the area and decided to visit." Izzy smiled brightly.

"It's good you did." Jake returned the smile as well as he could.

"We can tell that you're not okay Jake. Do you wanna talk about it?" Cubby frowned.

"No, it's alright."

"Okay then, but we worry about you, Captain Jake." Skully said softly. The others agreed.

"Do you want water?" Izzy asked suddenly.

Jake nodded a yes, and Izzy left to get some.

"Thanks." He said after He drank some water.

"No problem." Izzy smiled even brighter.

This time, Jake was able to return the smile.

---------

A/N: The events in this have jumbled up a bit, but it was needed. I hope you can understand what is going on.