17 - attention

17 attention

' You just want attention . . '

After a long and boring day of going through reviews and goofing off in study hall with Minji, Soobin finally had made time to look for Minji's guitar chip.

Soobin arrived at detention earlier than usual in the library as he began looking around in all the places they were at yesterday.

"Soobin?" he suddenly heard behind him as he was putting books away on the shelves.

"What are you doing here so early?" Minji asked.

"I could ask you the same," he said standing up.

"Well, I wanted to show up before you but I guess you beat me to it," Minji shrugged.

"Are you being honest with me?" Soobin eyed her jokingly.

"And I kind of thought of sneaking out again," Minji muttered as she began helping Soobin.

"I figured," he said, as Minji paused.

"What are you implying pretty boy" Minji asked not glancing over at him.

"You coming in early just so you can sneak out early" Soobin said "just seems like something you'd do"

"No need to call me out" Minji said kicking him playfully as he laughed under his breath.

They kept kicking and shoving each other playfully as the doors opened.

"Can I borrow Minji for a bit?" a voice called out.

The two looked over and it was Mr. Saetang, the arts teacher in the school.

Mr. Han suddenly flinched in his seat, waking up.

"Yes she's over there by the bookshelves" he said in a sleepy voice.

"Minji, could you come with me?" he asked.

Soobin looked over at Minji as she shrugged.

Minji placed the books she had in her hands as she walked off with Mr. Saetang.

Soobin sighed, rubbing his leg with his foot, trying to quickly put all the unorganized books away so Minji and him could leave detention early.

As he tried putting a ton of books away quickly, Soobin knocked one of them off the shelf.

He flinched at the sudden loud thud as he sighed, turning to pick it up.

To his surprise someone next to him picked it up.

"You dropped this"

They looked up at him as his head went empty.

"What are you doing here after school hours?" he asked taking the book from her.

"Just needed a textbook for a class" Hyerin simply said.

Soobin turned putting the book back in it's place.

"So you're Choi Soobin right?" Hyerin asked slightly tilting her head.

"Why are you asking?" Soobin asked finally looking at her.

"Well you're quite popular here, I assumed you knew everybody knew your name" Hyerin said watching Soobin's every move.

"What do you mean popular?" Soobin said, "I'm only well known because of my parents and friends"

"People got talking when they saw you hanging around Minji" she said.

"Minji?" he asked.

"Yeah, you two have been one of the most top conversations lately," she explained.

"Uh cool" Soobin said not knowing how to respond and quite frankly not caring.

"You don't wonder why?" Hyerin asked.

"Well no-"

"You know Minji is not who you think she is" she suddenly said getting serious.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"She may seem kind and innocent when she really isn't," Hyerin said walking past him.

"Uh, look I'm fascinated but I'm kind of busy" Soobin said wanting her to leave.

Hyerin smiled to herself smugly.

"Don't you want the guitar chip back?" she asked.

Soobin paused and looked over at her, getting his attention.

"Minji would be sad if she didn't find this," Hyerin said holding the keychain that had Minji's guitar chip.

"Where did you get that?" Soobin said.

"I'll tell you tomorrow in the science lab," Hyerin said putting it in her skirt's pocket.

"When." Soobin asked.

"After school" she said, "I'll give you this back if I see you"

She walked off with the keychain and the textbook in hand.

Out of all people

She has the guitar chip?