10 - startled

10 startled

Minji and Soobin spent the rest of the couple hours studying and goofing off together in the library. Minji had caught up with her assignments and stretched as she turned in her last assignment.

"School days like these make me want to drop out," Minji sighed.

Soobin laughed as he grabbed the textbooks from their table.

"I'll put these away," Soobin said as he walked off putting every book in its place.

When Soobin returned he found Minji asleep at the table with her head resting against her crossed arms. He scoffed and walked over to her.

Soobin sat next to Minji and laid his head against his arms as he looked at Minji resting.

He could see all of Minji's beautiful features and her heart shaped beauty mark under her eye.

Soobin blushed as he felt peaceful in Minji's presence. The peaceful quiet was disrupted by a sudden phone notification.

He raised his head and saw Minji's phone go off.

Unknown Number (1+)

Hey Minji, it's Hyunsuk; I hope you still have my number.

Soobin read the message, as another one appeared.

Let me know when you're free so we can meet up.

Soobin frowned unknowingly as he sighed, turning her phone off.

I wonder who that was. And why is it making me upset?

Soobin laid his head down again as Minji opened her eyes.

Minji paused as she saw Soobin sleeping next to her.

He looked beautiful just resting there.

Soobin suddenly opened his eyes. They two looked at each other as he blushed.

CRASH

Minji was startled as she sat up and looked out the windows. It was just a storm.

"That startled me.." Minji laughed nervously as she held her chest.

"Sounds like a strong storm- let's go before it gets worse" Soobin said as the two gathered their things.

Minji and Soobin headed out of the room as the library door slammed behind them.

"Who's out there?" The two froze by a sudden voice.

"Shit-" Soobin said grabbing Minji's hand and hiding them in a classroom.

"What- what is it Soobin-?" Minji asked as they hid in a closet inside the classroom.

"We stayed in the library past school hours-" Soobin said as they sat in the closet.

The two sat there hearing footsteps outside of the closet. The footsteps stopped right in front of the closet they were in. The two sat there very still until there was sudden thunder.

Minji flinched and hugged Soobin. Soobin held her until the footsteps disappeared.

"Are you okay?" Soobin asked looking down at Minji.

"Yeah- thunderstorms just startle me a bit.." Minji said.

"Let's go quick before the rain starts again." Soobin said helping her up.

The two ran out of the school avoiding puddles as they ran to the bus stop just before it began to rain again.

The two sat and waited for the bus.

"Minji, can I ask you something?" Soobin suddenly said.

"Yeah?"

"Why do thunderstorms startle you?" Soobin asked as Minji went quiet.

"They just.. Remind me of my dad, that's it" Minji said watching the rain.

"I'm sorry Minji" Soobin said as Minji looked over at Soobin.

Minji felt warmth looking at Soobin's sincere face.

Minji finally smiled, "it's okay Soobin, I know you only mean well"

"Do you want to listen to music on the bus together?" Soobin said pulling earbuds out of his pocket.

Minji smiled at Soobin.

"I'll let you choose the songs" he smiled revealing his dimples.

Minji laughed, "of course pretty boy"

The two ran into the bus once it arrived and listened to music on their way back home.