Boundaries

Frank didn't know how great of a decision he'd made until that one afternoon.

See, he'd been without an office secretary for a while, and he was starting to get desperate. The men and women coming in for job interviews were either too uptight, too laidback, or too boring. He'd counted about ten men wearing the same exact suit and the same exact hairstyle-it irritated the everliving hell out of Frank. He just wanted a simple secretary, and he was starting to regret firing his last one.

"I don't get why you want me to fire Rebecca, though. She's one of my best workers. Best secretary I've ever hired," Frank sighed loudly after talking for about twenty minutes with one of his other office workers (in the lower ranks), gripping his coffee cup, trying to warm up his hands. Jamia fidgeted in the chair across from him, lower lip drawn into her mouth.

"She slipped and fell," Jamia said, scratching the back of her neck and scrunching her face up. Frank looked confused for a moment, and Jamia's body overflowed with nerves. She didn't want to be too blunt, but at the same time, she knew she had to tell him.

"Why would I fire 'Bec for slipping and falling?" Frank asked her, gesturing wildly. Jamia held up her hand, and continued.

"She slipped and fell," she repeated, then went on, "onto your boyfriend's dick."

To put it in simpler terms, that was how Frank lost a secretary and a boyfriend in the same day.

When Frank was about to give up on the job interviews, he picked up the file for the last one. Frank quickly scanned the file, then glanced at the clock on his computer-the interviewee was ten minutes late. It wasn't looking good for him. Looking back at the file, he read over his name. Gerard Way. If he did end up hiring this person-which wasn't very likely-it'd be an easy name to remember, so there's that.

Frank heard the door burst open, and his head shot up. He was met with an eyeful of messy black hair, crooked glasses, and a waistcoat. The guy plopped down in the chair in front of his desk, fidgeting a bit, his hands between his legs. It was looking good for him, judged by the way that Frank stared at Gerard.

Frank didn't really pay much attention to what the interviewee was saying. He was honestly watching him cross and uncross his legs, twirl his hair around his finger, suck on his lower lip, and squeeze his thighs (which, Frank mentally added, were way too nice to be on a male) with his hands.

When Gerard stopped talking, he stuck his thumb in his mouth, staring hopefully at Frank with his big hazel eyes. Frank almost immediately hired him.

He began to regret that decision a few weeks in.

Gerard wasn't the best employee in the world. He'd accidentally knock over Frank's coffee glasses, and he'd stained a few of Frank's white shirts as a result. He'd broken a copy machine (Frank doesn't even know how that happened), and arrived late countless times.

The last thing? He'd tirelessly flirt with Frank. Whether it'd be bumping into him, bending over in front of him to pick up things off the floor, staring at him with hooded eyes, or making inappropriate comments, it endlessly annoyed Frank, as well as tired him.

The worst thing about it was that Frank kind of liked it.

If he disregarded how damn annoying he was at times, Gerard's behavior was kind of endearing. He spoke through the corner of his mouth, his voice was high, and it wavered a bit when he spoke to Frank. He'd bite his lip when he thought, and when he sat before Frank, he'd squeeze his legs together. It was all hopelessly endearing.

After a few weeks of the same thing, Gerard began to show up late. This normally wouldn't be a problem, if Gerard weren't so obviously doing it for attention. Gerard always pulled at Frank's strings, but he never had the heart to fire him. He didn't want to see his eyes get all watery and his head duck down even more, which would happen when Frank scolded him for being late.