Chapter 3- What?

The blonde boy who sat in front of me turned quickly to the guy who had hit  him on the head with a book. "Hey!" He turned to me. "I'm so sorry about him" He smiled at me. It was then I realised  that he was Niall Horan. Shock covered my face for a second but then I managed to cover my emotions and smiled at him.

"I'm Niall." He spoke happily, looking down at his book again. I looked down at the books I had picked back upand shyly spoke. "I'm Ari."

Niall smirked "So.. I'm guessing your names short for Ariana?" I laughed "What else could it be short for?"

He replied "Well" He paused "I don't know. Arabella maybe?"

I burst out in laughter again "Arabella! That hasn't doesn't even have an I in it!"

Niall smiled at me as the bell went " Sure it does... see you around.."

-*-

Kelly was outside of the class  waiting for me. "Quick hurry" She squealed and pulled me down the corridor and into the toilets.

"You were talking to the most popular guy in the school!" She squealed again, even louder than last time, earning a glare from a year 8. Kelly rolled her eyes at the year 8 who was now putting on makeup on the mirror.

I laughed at Kelly "I had no idea he was popular honestly Kel." Kelly looked confused for a second "Kel? Since when do you call me that? You never call me that!"

I was a little bit surprised at how she had reacted to me giving her a nickname. I quickly tried to calm her down. "I just felt like you needed a nickname, that's  all, that's only because I have a nickname."

She seemed to calm down then "Okay then, that's good, I like that nickname anyway..."

Her quick change of heart surprised me again, but I shook it off with speed, I assumed this was normal for her. Kelly looked like a nice person, well she had been nice to me so far.