Chapter 2 - Hope

I woke up. I appeared to be in a bedroom, however it wasn't mine. A girl hovered above me 'Hey sleepy head get up!" She giggled.

I looked at her "Huh who are you?"

She looked as me as if I was being stupid  " It's me, your best friend, Kelly!"

I looked confused but then decided to just go with it. "Oh yeah.. are we late for school?" I said noticing her school uniform. She nodded and ran out the room so I could get dressed.

My school uniform had a blue blazer and a blue skirt. There was a white blouse with a black tie. I looked back to the blazer and it said River High School in fancy lettering. I pulled them on and noticed that there were knee high socks with the uniform. I pulled them and my black heeled shoes on.

"We're late Ari" Kelly yelled through the door. I ran out and we left to go to the school. Kelly was quite pretty. She had blonde hair in two long ponytails that fell down to her shoulders. Her uniform was the exact same blue as mine, except her azure blue blazer had a badge on it. It said in my shiny lettering Head Girl on a green background.

Kelly was chattering on about something or the other while we walked. I wasn't paying attention though, I was too busy thinking about what had happened. I didn't understand. I didn't know what happened to my horrible foster mother and school. I really didn't want to.

" Ariana were you listening?" Kelly broke through my thoughts. "I was just daydreaming, sorry Kelly..." I muttered. Kelly launched back into explaining what she was going to do "Anyway I was thinking for the student council, that we should have meetings every week! I'm going  to ask them for you to join like we talked about but it would of been so much easier if you would of joined the school when the student council was chosen." She paused waiting for me to reply. "Yeah it would of been.." I answered almost enthusiastically.

The first few lessons went by as fast as lightning. Everything was going  well. Well it was, until some jerk toppled all of my books of my desk and then hit the guy in front of me in the head with one..