camera flash [9:22 a.m.]

You scrunched your face and groaned in disapproval as a bright light flashed across your eyes, waking you up from precious sleep.

"Shit, I forgot to turn off the flash," Mark whispered worriedly, mentally punching himself in the face. Stretching slightly, your recently conscious brain struggled to piece together what was going on. You blink the sleep from your eyes, your boyfriend's cute, concerned expression coming into view. His new iPhone was held suspiciously in his hands, the camera pointed to you.

"Mark, I look so bad right now, why?," you whined making a grab at his phone to delete the pictures.

Mark dodged your hand, shoving the device safely into his sweatpants pocket. He laced his fingers through yours affectionately, the very one you had used to attack just seconds ago, running his thumb over the side of your palm the way you loved. You didn't have the energy to protest anymore, relaxing back into your warm comforter. Morning sunlight streamed through the thin curtains. It was so calm, so peaceful.

"You never look bad and no way am I deleting this moment," Mark reasoned softly, moving back into bed and using his other arm to hover over you. You peered into his loving eyes, fascinated by the way the usual brown now shined gold in the light. A smile can't help put creep into your lips as he blinked down at you. "I think I'll use it as my new Lock Screen".

You sighed, knowing that you couldn't win this fight. You wrapped your arms around his neck, signaling that you wanted a morning kiss. He happily obliged, pressing them all over your face quickly as you giggled from the ticklish feeling.

Mark pulled away after a conclusive kiss to your nose. "Get dressed, let's go on a date".