Meet and Greet

Miami, FL (2020)

Jade's POV:

The weekend that I've been long awaiting is finally here! I am about to go backstage to meet The Tenderloins Comedy Troupe before their live show and tomorrow I get to go on their annual Impractical Jokers cruise. This is my first time attending either event, so I am a bit nervous, but mostly excited!

I love all the guys, but my favorite Joker is Q! I love him on the show and after learning more about him through interviews and his podcasts, I knew I belonged on "Team Q." Also, what fan doesn't have the biggest crush on him, right? Anyway, moving on...

Everyone who bought tickets for the meet-and-greet was just escorted to the room where we would be meeting the guys and we were all told that they would be coming in shortly.

*5 minutes later*

I had been talking to another fan, obviously about all things Jokers, when all of a sudden cheering erupts. I look towards the entrance to find Joe, Sal, Q and Murr walking in, about to start mingling with the fans. This was not the type of meet-and-greet where you just get a quick autograph or picture, then it's over. It felt like we were there to hang out with the guys.

I first approached Joe. I introduced myself and asked him if we could take a selfie together and to sign my Impractical Jokers shirt that I had on. Next, I did the same with Murr and Sal, but I also asked the two of them if I could see the tattoos from their punishment. As they were both showing me their tattoos, Q came up to us and jokingly told them to lift their pants back up. I chuckled lightly and Q told me I had a nice smile. After I thanked him, Murr and Sal went to join other fans. Q and I just stared at each other in silence - for what felt like forever - until Q finally spoke.

Q: Would you like a picture or an autograph?

Me: Oh, um, yes please! I'm sorry, I'm just nervous.

Q: No need to be nervous, sweetheart. Let's take a selfie, then I'll sign your shirt.

With that, we take the selfie and then he signs my right sleeve. When he finishes, I look at the sleeve and notice a phone number underneath his signature. We look at each other and smile. After that, he asks me what my name is and when I tell him, he says, "It was very nice meeting you, Jade. I hope to hear from you sometime." I then tell him that I will be going on the cruise tomorrow, to which he replies, "Great! Then I don't have to show you my tattoo today. Gives me an excuse to find you on the ship."

"I'm looking forward to it!" I say enthusiastically. He gives me a hug before they have to get ready to take the stage and everyone exists the room.

Once in my seat, I realize just how close I am to the stage. The show was hilarious and Q kept smiling at me, every time we made eye contact. To say it was a great night would be an understatement. I only hope I can get some more one-on-one time with him on the cruise.