1 ➳ Drag Race

DISCLAIMER: All rights go towards the producer and creators of The Originals for the creation of these characters. I DO NOT own ANY of the characters unless said otherwise. However, I own the rights to the storyline of this book so please do not steal it. Enjoy!

Fuck.

I hurry out of my dorm and race to my class, which I was supposed to be at precisely fifteen minutes ago. When I rested myself for a nap, I didn't expect it to be over a half an hour. Turns out, I was drooling on my pillow for about two hours.

Nice going, Hayley. Here I thought you were on a roll this semester.

When I arrive into class, my professor sends me a knowingly glance. "In your seat, Marshall," He scolds and returns to reading aloud from the numerous paged book in his hand.

Nodding quickly, I amble to my seat in the second row next to my best friend, Rebekah. She smiles and slides her half eaten bagel towards me, which I gladly take since I didn't bother eating lunch. She seems to already know that.

"Never thought I'd see you show up late," teased Rebekah while taking notes on the sentences flowing from our professor's talkative mouth. "I was tired." I grumble and take a bite out of the cream cheese bagel.

"Hang out with Stefan and I later today?" She asks quietly after releasing a soft chuckle. "Sure, I've got nothing better to do." I shrug while glancing at her, a smile on both our faces as I finally pick up my pen and start jotting down notes.

What do you do when you catch your best friend canoodling with her boyfriend in the lounge? Why, you ruin their moment of course.

"Hey, Stef!" I call out as I near them, tossing my empty espresso cup in the trash along the way. They pull apart and Rebekah looks quite miserable about it where as Stefan just waves and smiles. Good choice, Stefan, good choice. I send Rebekah a look saying 'You're the one that invited me to hang out' in the best way I can before I sit down on the single seated couch. "So, is this what couples do in their spare time?"

"Hayley," Stefan nods and Rebekah crosses her arms over her chest while leaning back into her boyfriend's arm.

"You know, when you asked me to join you and Stefan, I really hope you weren't asking me to third wheel," I mention once I notice our situation and before she can say anything from her parted lips, I add, "Because then I'm totally ditching you guys, right here. Right now." Rebekah rolls her eyes playfully and Stefan raises his eyebrows at the blonde.

"You asked her to join us?" He asks.

"Well, I hope you didn't expect me to merely stand around while you fantasized about being in one of those cars," Rebekah deadpans and I twist my lips.

"Hello, a little confused here," I raise my hand and Stefan shrugs to respond to Rebekah. She averts her attention to me and leans forward, "He's in love with drag races," She elaborates.

"Wait, we're going to watch a drag race?" I almost squeal. I've never been to one before, mostly because it's difficult to find one just anywhere.

"Yeah, it's amazingly far though so-" Stefan starts, not being able to finish because I've cut him off.

"Awesome!"

"How on earth are so consistent in school yet impetuous as well?" My best friend shakes her head in disbelief but I grin and happily tilt my head to touch my shoulder with a shrug.