4 ➳ Saint

I'm sorry I haven't updated in soo long. I had a huge case of writer's block which still isn't cured yet, but y'all have been waiting for a while so I need to be considerate.

Also, some of you have been asking if Rebekah and Klaus are related. So I decided to put that information in this chapter to clear things up. Enjoyyy.

-A

The only thing I bothered doing was piling on my clothes and grabbing my bag from the floor before walking straight out after one last glance. At who, and for what? I woke up next to Klaus. Naked. In a hotel room, which apparently was occupied with our names.

There's obviously one clear explanation for that yet it's something I can't explain. We slept together, yes, but I am and will keep on blaming the alcohol even if we barely consumed any of it. I remember it clearly. All of it.

I left him sleeping on the bed alone, and as hard as it was to get out from underneath the grip of his arm, I managed to do it without him even opening an eye. Either he's a deep sleeper, or was tired from our night. I know I am.

Barging into my room, I notice Cami sitting on her bed with numerous textbooks laying out, notes on papers, a highlighter cap dangling from her mouth which she takes out once she sees me enter.

"Hey, you." She grins while I flop onto my bed and inhale the scent of my pillow, burying my still blushed up face into it. "So, you went on a date, didn't come back, and now you missed your morning class. I think I'm pretty damn sure what you were up to, but correct me if I'm wrong."

I lift my head with a groan, sitting up and crossing my legs while resting my chin on my palm. "It wasn't a date." At least that's what he said. And it definitely wasn't an exception for me, and we also won't be working on that little exception either.

"Then you slept with a guy you weren't on a date with. Is this still the same Hayley I'm talking to?" She coos sarcastically and I throw her a look, not denying it.

Add that to the fact that I did indeed miss class for the first time this year, and even though there are only a few months left, I'm not going to begin lacking now.

Cami laughs at my distaste while shaking her head and letting out a sigh. "Rebekah came here a while ago." She informs me and I arch an eyebrow at her.

"What'd she say?" I ask curiously, "I mean, what did you say?" Rebekah doesn't know about how Klaus and I talked, and she obviously doesn't know we had sex. It's not a big deal, it's not something I'd hide from her, and I'll tell her all about it.

"All I said was that you were out. You can explain the rest," Cami shrugs and looks back down at her notes, "But it was something about her family, and she wants to see you."

Ah, her family. It'd be an understatement to say that they've been through drama in the past few years. The Mikaelson family, much like my second family.

I'm adopted, was at an early age, so when I found out during my teen years I sort of distanced myself from them. It wasn't like I'd throw a rampage for them not being my real parents, after all they were the ones that raised me as if they were my real parents, so I do love them for that. It was just a lot for me to take in. Not that Rebekah's family was doing any better.

A few years ago, Mikael, Rebekah's father, found out that Esther, her mother, once cheated on him and had a child that the family didn't know of. Esther kept it from Mikael, from all of her four children. He only found out because he caught Esther having a breakdown, for a reason which was tragic I'll admit. The man she had an affair with passed away, the hospital informed her because she was his son's mother.