The Journals

Second chapter:) ⚠️Language

" I'm falling apart and nobody knows, I have nobody to talk to and I'm alone."

During the war bombs were dropped so there was radiation everywhere. Everything was destroyed and by that that means animals and food. I've been rationing this whole year. But I'm running out, running out fast.

I have to start traveling. So I'm going to go to Atlanta, Georgia. The place I was born. Maybe there'll be more people there or maybe I can find a bunker.

You see when the bombs were dropped that means the powers out, so no cars for me. " Only 845 miles to Atlanta," I thought to myself. It's going to be rough and long but I'll make it.

I start packing for my three day trip. Water, granola bars, and my gun. I have a hand gun at my house just in case because I'm a women. So I'm bringing it with me, in case of any zombie dogs or squirrels.

This is the only other place I know that could be safe. Safe from, who knows what? I start to walk without looking back because if I look back now I'll never stop looking. My journey has began.

It's been two days and still no sign of my home. Maybe I don't have a home or anything.

I see it. The red mailbox that says ' Ledmans'. I go to the door and break it open, it was still locked. Then where is everyone?

"Hello?!!!!" I screamed wondering what happened. No answer. I rummage through all the cupboards and drawers looking, hoping, for some food. Jackpot, loads of canned green beans and peaches.

I sit at my fathers desk, just staring at the pictures of my family. There's a picture of us when we first went to Disney World. It was the best but I was young so I can barely remember.

I go through the drawers trying to see if there's anything connected to what happened. What? My father never wrote journals. In fact he hated writing, he thought the concept of writing was a waist of his time.

There's 6 journals in total dated this year. But, but how is this possible? I kept thinking of all the ways that this would make sense, I still didn't. So as any normal human being would do I read them.

" Dear, Elisabeth
If you are reading this I'm already dead."

Who is Elisabeth? I read the end of the page and it says " Love Delaney." Okay so I figured I should stop reading these now before I get carried away but I didn't. I read them all.

Delaney is a man who found my parents house and decided to travel also. At the end of the last book he says he's going Panama Beach Florida. He says there should be a shelter there, a bomb shelter. Maybe that's where my mom and dad is?

I packed and I left not looking or saying goodbye to the house, I left. As I walk my feet start to hurt so I lay on the ground covered in dirt and I smell like a donkeys ass. As I lay my eyes get heavier and as soon as I know it, it's black.

This chapter was long in my opinion lol. I hope you liked it and comment what the next chapter should have!!