Chapter 11

The cold air of the Parisian evening kissed my cheeks while I sat cross-legged under the lights of the Eiffel Tower looming above me. I sighed and thought of Marinette sleeping back at my house. Well... My hologram. I had finished the project a few minutes before I had decided to text Chat Noir to meet me here but the compulsive urge to run back to my house and check on my diversion took over me once again. 

I was going to be in so much trouble once Tikki found out that it wasn't me who was in bed.

I hope we find something otherwise all my efforts are going to be in vain.

"There you are, Bug!"

"Oh hey, Chat." I sighed getting up on my feet.

"Is everything alright?" He asked leaning on his baton.

"Yeah... I just had to sneak out after planting a hologram on my bed." I groaned as I pulled out my yoyo.

"Ready?" I asked him, twirling the yoyo in front of me.

"You know it, My lady." He winked and pulled out his other baton.

He pressed the paw marks on both sticks and brought them close. I watched as green electricity sparked in between the batons, joining them into one long baton.

Cool!

"So what are we doing today?" Chat Noir asked testing the weight of the baton on his hands.

Crap!

With everything that had happened, I had completely forgotten to come up with a story as to why we're heading towards the construction site. As far as he knew, I wasn't there as Ladybug and there's no way I knew about what had happened the day before unless I was Marinette.

And that's when everything Tikki had told me started flooding into my brain.

"You might want to sit down for this," I said, thinking of ways of breaking it down to him.

With what I was about to tell him, I knew that he'd probably tell me what had happened at the construction site. It was going to be a piece of cake!

"Oh." Said Chat Noir after I was done.

That's it?

"I should probably tell you what happened there yesterday." Sighed Chat Noir fidgeting with the claws of his spy suit.

Spill!

"Really?" I tried to sound amazed as he told me about 'this girl' who had followed her teacher to the construction site.

The hard part was going to be explaining that Miss Mendeleiev was a criminal. It was going to raise a lot of questions but as my partner, he had to know about this. I was going to have to find a way to hide the fact that I'm Marinette and that I go to the same school as Miss Mendeleiev.

"So... There's something else you need to know." I said, pulling out my yoyo and showing him the evidence I had gathered the past few days.

I told him that I had got some intel about illegal business going on inside the school and that's why I had snuck into the school. His face morphed into one of shock when he heard that Miss Mendeleiev and Mr Damocles were criminals and were not the people he had thought they were.

Chat Noir nodded but I could see that he had so many unanswered questions that were dying to be answered. And I was going to answer them once tonight's mission was over. I was going to tell him everything except the fact that I'm Marinette. 

After an hour of talking and with half an hour till nightfall, Chat Noir and I took off from the shade of the Eiffel Tower towards the construction site. The message from the Miraculous Academy had clearly stated that we weren't supposed to be out in public without camouflaging ourselves but it was night time. No one was going to see us!