The Truth

Michael Pov

I  walked into the house to the sound of silence

I  walked into the house to the sound of silence. Even with no sound, the loudness of the quiet house surrounded me. I sighed walking upstairs to our bedroom. I heard a slight splash and walked over to the bathroom slightly pushing open the door. Reagan was stepping into the bath water. She had a few candles going and pressed play starting her playlist. I took off my suit jacket and knocked on the door softly.

"Come in." She said with sadness in her voice. Pushing the door open slightly she looked over at me with a slight smile then back to the water that was still rising along with the bubbles.

"How was the rest of your day." I said sitting on the edge of the tub sticking my hand into the water to feel the temperature.

"Don't...Okay Michael....Don't do that." She said still not making eye contact. I unbuttoned my shirt due to the heat the bathroom was counseling. I looked at her and thought off all our ups and downs and how beautiful our marriage has been up until this.

"Rea I promise I'm not doing anything with anyone else. I wouldn't risk losing you. You know that." I said watching the tear slip from her eye causing her to swiftly wipe it away.

"Then who was that woman." She said now giving me all her attention. Her eyes told the story or a broken heart filled with the look of betrayal and I couldn't lie anymore.

"Her name is Chelsea, and she's a bitch." I said looking away shaking my head. The fear I had of telling Reagan was high, but the fear of losing her was higher. "I met her in college, she's a few years older than me and Tre." I said looking back at her. Her face full of concern, she still laid back in the tub but now she was intrigued. "She's not a good person Reagan. And I was hoping you'd never have to meet her." I said now clenching my jaw slightly.

"Michael please tell me what's going on." She said pulling up from her laid back position now sitting up revealing part of her naked body.

"Shes involved in money laundering and drugs, she helped me out before and now she's coming to collect a fake debt. She's really trying to pay off the US mafia head. So she's been...She's been forcing me to give her money by threatening your life." I said choking up at the end. "She has a hit man...He's been following you when it's time for me to pay her, and I just wanted to keep you safe and as stress free as possible! Because I'm going to handle it and I didn't want you to...I was scared you'd..Leave me before I could fix everything. That's why I asked Tre & Jada down here. To help me." I said turning my back to her slightly putting my face in my hands. I felt so weak in the moment.

"Michael you should've told me." She said with a slight raise in her voice. "You know I would have you back through anything." She said as I felt a hand softly on my back.