11

"So you went into all the work to find me a superhero/therapist to help me over being anorexic and- I mean just anorexic?" "What were you about to sa-" "Nothing. Answer the question." "Uh, yeah I hired her, So what? Is there a problem?" "No. No there isn't." "Okay. Your first session is now." He turned to Black Canary and nodded. Nico followed Black Canary to an empty room. "Okay, so let's start. I'm going to say a word, and you are going to answer with any word that pops into your head." Nico nodded. "Relationship." "Sunshine." Nico clenched his fists, not going unnoticed. "Family." "B-Bianca." Nico clenched tighter. "Childhood." "Forgotton," Nico replied, trying to push back memories. "Love?" "Dead." "Okay, last one. Hell?" Nico blanched. He tried to steady his breathing. "... W-war." Nico tried to stay conscious, but it was too late. He slipped into a flashback. That was Black Canary's mistake. And she made it worse by calling Megan over to try and help. Oh no...

Megan came as fast as she could. She took down the left front door and proceeded to sprint to the room she sensed Black Canary in. As she arrived at the door, she took in the scene. Black Canary looking startled, with the Robins and Bruce huddled around her. "I'm here-" Before Megan could finish her sentence, Black Canary shoved the batfamily out of the way. "Help." Megan nodded, and looked into Nico's mind, trying to wake him up. Darkness. Red. Rivers of flames and poison air. Monsters forming before her eyes. There was only one word that this place could be. Hell. The scene shifted. Huge humaniods with scaly hair were fighting children. Children. The kids were good. Not good enough. One by one, people died in the hands of the giants. The scene shifted, and it started to speed up. A blond boy with blue eyes smiled up at Nico, despite the blood gushing out of him. The scene shifted again. "I'm sorry, Nico." "Welcome to the hunt, sister." "Your sister would have done better." "I was hoping you'd give up on me." "No, Nico. You did nothing to help in the Giant war." "You are my sunshine..." "Tu sei il mio soldatino..." Everything went dark. ~~~ Nico woke up to surprised yelps. He saw them standing over an unconscious girl, who was green. "Who's that?" Nico mumbled. "She's in a coma!" Tim said, ignoring Nico's question. Nico tried again. "Why is the green girl in a coma?" "She looked into your mind and-" "What? Why would you let her look into my mind!? You're lucky my subconscious was awake. It could have been worse that a coma. To say it lightly, eternal sleep. I can help, though." Nico walked over to the green girl, and steeled himself. He placed one hand on the girl's forehead, and let his mouth hover over the girl's mouth. Nico closed his eyes, then sucked in the memories, clearing most of from her mind.Rivers of fire Air of poison Shattered ground Bloody canyons Fiery hills One painful breath To the next Crude voices whispering Fog of death Heart of metal And mind of Hell Tartarus. Nico welcomed the sleep like an old friend.

"Did you see that? The smoke came out of Megan's mouth-" "Nico consumed it-" "He passed out and-" "W-what happened?" A new voice said. Everyone turned to see Megan awake. "You looked into Nico's mind, and you passed out. Then, Nico literally sucked dark smoke out of your mouth, and he passed out. What did you see?" Megan shivered. "It was... it was dark. There were rivers of fire, broken glass as the ground, and so much red... and then-" Megan coughed. "There was a war... Nico was fighting in it. There was a blond boy... so much blood... then people neglected Nico and..." Megan burst into tears. Black Canary came to her side. "His sister. The one with the green cap. And his Mother. With the military dog tags..." Megan fell asleep. "What did Megan see?" Jason asked. Everyone exchanged glances, knowing that if it was bad enough to put Megan into a coma... "The real question is, what did Nico go through?" Black Canary countered. "We'll have to ask him that when he wakes up." "If he wakes up. He put megan into a coma just by letting her see a portion of his memories. What if now he's in one too?" Black Canary suggested. "Nope... not in a coma. Hi everyone." A gravelly voice whispered. "Holy cow, di Angelo! What on Earth did you do to Megan?" Damian yelped. "She looked at a fraction of my memories; my worst ones. I was in the middle of a flashback. It was too much for her. I had to take the darkness out of her, and in exchange, I relived the memories, and I lived through her worst memories. Which... I don't feel like talking about. I'm tired... good night." Nico passed out on the floor. "Holy cow?" Damian whispered. "Holy cow." Jason agreed.