Chapter 20: "An Act of Treason"

The walking continued for an awfully long time, and somehow, during the entire walk, you never crossed another monster's path.

This began to give you the creeps. These tunnels are large, yet on every outing with Gaster, you always seemed to pass others. So, why is this different today?

Why is the walk so long as well? You even seem to be walking up an incline at this point. Maybe you should turn back.

You bit your tongue, looking around nervously.

Namir doesn't seem any more threatening than usual, so perhaps you're just overthinking things. It's possible this meeting is far away and secluded because it's a private matter?

But, if that's the case, then why are you going in? And why does Namir know about it?

You stopped walking and he immediately stopped in his tracks.

"And what do you think you're doing?" He challenged, turning as he placed his hands on his hips, his tail twitching still.

"Namir—I...I don't trust you." You spoke softly as you took a step back.

His tail stopped twitching immediately and he smiled. "I'm sorry, am I worrying you?" He spoke calmly. Somehow this made you even more nervous as you took another step back.

He held both his paws out, then took a deep breath. "Calm down. I know this probably seems very suspicious, but Gaster and Fabian are right down the hall. The meeting was all the way over here because it's close to the entrance.

"Wh-"

"Calm down." Namir rolled his amber eyes, then sighed, shaking his head.

"It'll only be a minute and you can see your precious man again. Got it?" Namir said as he turned and started walking again.

"I-I guess so?" You swallowed hard, ignoring the bad feeling in your gut.

Namir's explanation made sense, yet he's acting 'off'. Maybe you're just misinterpreting his dislike of you as malice though.

So, ignoring your intuition, you stride forward and follow him, soon catching up.

"I'm sorry, I'm just on edge." You spoke softly and he held back a smirk.

"It's whatever. Monster haters don't feel comfortable around monsters. It's normal. It's expected." He snickered, then as you two turned a corner, you saw a door mere feet away.

"I don't hate monsters, Namir. I really enjoy it here. It's basically my new home, I-"

"Shut your whiny mouth. I don't care. I'm just happy this is over." He growled as he suddenly pushed you into the door, holding you still.

Your eyes widened as he shoved your shoulders against the steel door. You were about to call for help when Namir's eyes lit up momentarily as two amber magic-like handcuffs were placed on your hands. He covered your mouth with his hand as he swiftly turned you around, holding your arm behind your back painfully.

"What the hell are you doing?!" You spoke, extremely muffled before you bit his hand. But right as you thought you had subdued him, he thrust you into the door, opening it just enough that you fell to the ground and hit your head on the——grass?

Namir shut the door behind him, leaning against it as you looked up at the blue sky, then back to him.

"What the hell, Namir?! Take me back to Gaster right now you wicked old cat!" You shouted.

He just smirked as he beckoned behind you. "He's right behind you, human."

"W-what?" You spoke, confused as you sat up, rubbing your sore head.