CHAPTER 5

A few days later, Ishaan received a call from Swayam's mom. He excused himself from his colleagues to have a talk.

" Good Afternoon Ma—"

"Ishaan, beta where are you? We've been trying to get in touch with you for so long."

"I was in the lecture and had to switch off my phone. What's wrong? Why do you sound so worried?"

"Beta you need to come to the police station right now."

"What happened?" Ishaan asked while frantically packing his stuff up.

"We'll tell you ones you reach. Just come fast."

Ishaan at once left the college after informing a senior professor that he had to leave due to a family emergency.

On the way back home, Ishaan had a hard time to not rush over the speed limit. 

He reached the police station to find Swayam's parents waiting for him.

"Maa Papa what happened? Is Swayam alright?" Ishaan asked panicking.

"He is in the Lockup." Swayam's dad replied.

"Wh... Why?" Ishaan stammered.

"Someone filed a case against him saying that he is a Homosexual man who molested boys."

"What nonsense. Why would someone... Its my papa who did it right?" Ishaan had a sudden realization.

"That's what we are guessing." Replied Swayam's mom.

Ishaan at once called his father. The call was received after a long time.

"Papa it was you, wasn't it? Why are you doing this?" Ishaan didn't want to beat around the bushes.

"What are you talking about?" Came the reply.

"I know it was you. You filed the false case against Swayam."

"It wasn't a false case. It is the truth. He is a homosexual who is forcing you to do this. Where's the lie in it?" Ishaan's father replied.

Ishaan was trying his best to not lose his calm and be rational.

"What do I have to do for you to take the case back? Tell me."

"Oh nothing. You just have to marry the girl that we have selected for you and never meet that disgusting creature again. Do that and I'll take back the case."

"Why are you doing this Papa?" Ishaan voice cracked mid sentence

"I'm doing this for you beta. You won't understand it right now but in the future you will thank me for saving your life." His father's voice had visibly softened.

"You can't force me to do something against my wishes Papa."

"I can and I will. Now it's your decision to make. Either listen to me and get married to Ruchika or Swayam will rot in jail."

"Papa please. Don't do this to—" The line on the other end of the phone was dead.