chapter 7

Rapid breaths left my mouth as I toss in my bed.
Images of me and clary as little girls flash through my mind, my mom was there too and a man I didn't recognize but only hear his name briefly-Magnus.
A gasp leave my mouth as I jolt awake in my bed only to see Jace sitting in front of me.
"Hey" he soothes as he place a hand on my shoulder
"It's okay I'm here. You're safe"
"Jace" I breathe out in relief
"What?" I hear a familiar voice say so I blink my eyes and suddenly it isn't Jace who is  sitting In front of me, it is Simon.
"You're all right? You still seem kind of freaked out" I shake  my head and exhale
"Simon"
"Hey" he smile
"I got you, you're okay. Must have been one hell of a nightmare"
"You have no idea" I pant

 "clary and I was strapped to this piece of furniture and our mom was there

"clary and I was strapped to this piece of furniture and our mom was there. She kept telling this guy, who's name is Magnus I think, to protect us, but he reached his hand into our skulls and ripped our brains out"
"Hello Freddy Kroger" Simon grimace to which I respond with a  sigh and run a hand through my hair.
"Tell me about it. What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"
"Uh I just really needed to see you" Simon mutter.
I take his hand, oblivious to the fact Jace is standing outside the room
"I am so sorry that clary and I'm messed up lives put you in danger" I sigh
"I'm fine" Simon reassures me but I'm not buying it.
"No, Simon if those vampires hurt you...I couldn't live with myself. You are all that clary and I have left" I mutter.
"Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that your friends got me before the vampires drained me like a big gulp. But-how well do you and clary know this Jace guy? Can you trust him?" Simon asks me
"I think so, I mean he saved my life, clary's life and yours" I shrug.
"True...but I was thinking, all this craziness started the minute you bumped into him at the pandemonium. You think it's just a coincidence?"
"Honestly, I don't know what to think..but I do know I need to talk to clary" I tell him.

I talk to Simon for a few more minutes, which during them he brought up this Magnus bane Dude before I head to clary's room

I slip into her room quietly, seeing that she's still asleep and sprawled all over her bed.
I smile and gently nudge her shoulder,knowing that clary always wake up from the slightest touch.
The next ten minutes I talk to her about the weird dream I had, waking up and thinking Jace is there only for it to be Simon and then finding out about Magnus bane.
"Maybe you should talk to Jace about it" clary suggests
"Yeah maybe you're right..wanna come with me?" I ask her
"No I'm gonna go back to sleep" she yawns and rolled over so that her back is facing me.
I chuckle lightly before I slip out of her room and go to jaces.
"Jace listen I really need to talk to you about something..quite u-"My words fall short as I enter the room only to find jace shirtless and working out so I immediately turn around, slightly embarrassed.
Jace turns to face me, running his hand through his hair, smiling when he sees that I turned around even though I already saw him shirtless.
"Sorry, I-uh I should've knocked first" I mutter"Let me just grab a shirt first" Jace smirks before he pulls out a shirt and put it on.