chapter 5

I am the first to march back into the institute, Alec, Izzy, Jace and clary not so far behind.
"I still don't understand, how can shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?" Clary asks the three.
"because we protect humans" Izzy is the one to answer her.
"you're right, human. You protect humans. Yet you left Simon all alone at the van. Amazing job guys, you rock" clary's harsh words makes Izzy back away until she is standing behind Alec who glares at clary for hurting his sister "there is some truth to the idea that human beings should have a modicum of common sense"Alec says, earning a scoff from both clary and I.
"Alec, not now" Izzy snaps at him
"look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out" jace tells me

 "they want the cup and seem to think you have it" "but why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, our mum lies to us our entire life except, oh, BTW, there's a magic cup I hid on like the planet bongo, but don't tell anyone" I say ...

"but why do they think that? Why does anyone think that? What, our mum lies to us our entire life except, oh, BTW, there's a magic cup I hid on like the planet bongo, but don't tell anyone" I say sarcastically, becoming annoyed with everything.
"what are we supposed to do now?" Clary asks "we have to report to the clave" Alec says as he walks past us.
"they have to know what we've learned about valentine"
"great, amazing, go for that. But how does that help Simon?" Clary asks
"clary it's all connected. The vamps want the cup" Jace tells her as he leans on the wall behind him.
"why?" I frown
"it makes new shadowhunters"
"Nobody wants valentine to have an army loyal to himself" Alec explains
" plus, it controls demons" Izzy adds
"they'll propose a trade. Simon for the cup" I assume and Jace nods.
"so vampires will tease Simon for the cup and valentine will trade our mom for the cup. Either way, y/n and I will lose someone we love. What if we just toss it in the air and let them fight for it among themselves?" Clary asks sarcastically, frustrated with the whole situation.
"so this doesn't matter to you?" Alec gives her a look of disbelief.
"of course it matters! Listen. When you save clary and mine's life, we put our trust in you" I pause and look at Jace
"now we need you to put your trust in us. We can't turn into what you guys are overnight" "it's true. They were raised as mundanes" Izzy agrees.
"what are you their spokesman now?" Alec rolls his eyes at his sister.
"we don't need a spokesman, we need a plan" I said before both clary and I walked off.
"Look at all of these screens, can any of these help us find Simon?"