1

Callie's POV

'I just think that we need to be prepared and have a plan.' Is the text that my eyes keep scanning over.

Sofia is with me in New York right now because it's my school year with her. While this is our current situation, I am well aware that Arizona has full custody of our daughter. If I don't play ball with this preparing a plan thing, she could very easily insist that Sofia goes home to Seattle and stays until all of this is over.

'Hello?'

"Arizona, hi."

'How are you? How is Sof?' For just a second, my heart warms at the fact she asks about me too, but then I remember that that is just Arizona as a person. She cares.

"We're both okay, thank you. I haven't really explained too much to her just yet. I figured we'd discuss first to make sure we're on the same page."

'Oh, of course. Thank you, Callie.'

"Arizona you don't have to thank me, I would be a complete ass if I didn't wait for you. Anyway, how are you?"

'Stressed, but who isn't? Scared, but who isn't? I miss Sof, but who wouldn't? I don't-'

"Arizona, you're rambling. Just... breathe? Give yourself a second and we can talk everything through when you're ready."

"Is that mommy? I wanna see!" Sofia throws herself onto my bed.

"It's not facetime, Bug, just a phone call."

"But I want to see mommy, it's been since forever." The sadness in her big brown eyes is enough to stab me right in the heart.

'I want to see you too, sweetie, maybe mama can let you facetime me before you go to bed?'

"Of course I will. Sofia, go tidy your bedroom up while I talk with mommy please."

"But I-"

"I know you do, and I promise I'll let you facetime mommy when I'm finished. Mommy and I need to talk."

"Mommy, I love you. Lots."

'I love you too baby, so much.'

I wait to hear our daughter's bedroom door click shut before I continue speaking to my ex wife. The only reason I told Sofia to tidy her room was so that she didn't hear Arizona crying. As soon as Sofia spoke to her, I could hear the soft sounds of the blonde trying to hold back her tears. It would've broken Sofia's little heart.

"Arizona, talk to me. what do you need?"

'I'll be fine once I see Sof later. So uh, obviously there's going to be a travel ban brought in very soon. It's almost my time with our girl...'

"I was reading about that earlier, it looks like it's going to be in place for a while too." Of course I have some ideas, but I don't know what Arizona will think of them and so I'm a little reserved by the thought of sharing them with her.

'Callie, I can't not see her for 2 school years in a row. I'm going to miss so much and she's going to have changed so much and right now her favourite colour is ocean blue but by the time I next see her it could be grass green and she loves mint choc chip ice cream right now but she might not when I next have her here in Seattle and what if she gets so used to New York that she doesn't want to come back to Seattle and what if she gets bored of facetime calls and what if she-'

"Arizona, I'm booking a flight home." I decide not to pick apart the rest of her worries. She's fully crying and half of her words were only just audible, so I cut her off. This was idea number one anyway.