PROLOGUE

Hi. I am Stephani. I have two boys, Ethan, 5, and Josh, 8. Every morning I take my boys to Starbucks and while I drink coffee they play outside. I got divorced when Ethan was born, so the boys don't really remember their father. I raise them, and I raise them good. One day, my boys were playing, while I was sipping my latte. I saw one boy, probably 6 or 7, walk over to them and ask if he could play. My boys, being the cute little angels they are, happily said yes. And so they played for a while. At one point, they started playing tag when Josh accidentally tripped and knocked down the little boy. "I'm so sorry!" said Josh as he helped the boy to his feet. The boy's mother came over, as did I. The little boy was crying. "Oh I'm sorry is he ok?" I asked as the boy's mother was examining her kid. I later found out her name was Susan. "Your kid ATTACKED my little Johnny!" I was startled. Josh did not attack Johnny, he accidentally knocked him over. "Oh I am sure Josh didn't mean to," I said, in order to defend my son. "Your boys are very badly behaved!" said Susan. "But-I..." I tried to say, "C'mon Johnny, we'er leaving." Susan interrupted. Oh well, I thought. Some people are just like that. I finished my latte and drove the boys to school, still bothered by the fact Susan had called my kids badly behaved.