Turning back Time

Trisha awoke in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom,it was then that she saw her ex husband's name on the phone screen. She panicked because it was his week with the children and she assumed that maybe something was wrong in relationship to the children so that was why he was texting.

So she took up the phone and open the WhatsApp message. What she saw was a shock,she was expecting anything but this. "Trisha I am sorry to text so late but I have being sitting here in out favourite chair, just thinking. Thinking about you and how it was between us before it all fell apart. Trisha, I miss you and honestly I never stopped loving you.

For a long time Trisha I blamed you for the infidelities, the lies but I never blamed myself because I feel as though I must have let you feel unimportant in some way for you to go there. I am sorry,I still love you.

Trisha sat there looking at the phone in her hand for a long time,reading over the words.Honestly, she didn't know what to think.Did she still care for Calvin too? She honestly did not know. At that moment Derrick stirred and she looked around at him.

She sighed,she did not want to think about the message right now. In fact she wasn't sure that she wanted to think about it at all. A text will not fix anything she thought. There have been too much pain,insults,disrespect. Trisha wasn't sure that all of that could be fixed. So for her she believed that it was best to leave well enough alone.

She could not out their children through all of that again. Bring up their hopes  only to hurt  them again,if it all fell apart. Finally she got up and went to the bathroom. He may still love her but she just didn't know. There was someone new in her life and she rather liked him.