Brave

LOUIS POV.

Harry and I have been sitting in the studio for hours. Like the boys suggested the other day after the tragic meeting with Jeff, Liam, Zayn and Niall were cooped up in the main studio with Julian.

I asked Liam why he was so keen on working with Julian and why Harry and I had to write alone but he only gave me a panicked answer.

'Because none of us has written a song alone before, you have, and with Harry it will be great' I remember Liam saying in a rushed tone before practically running away from me.

Strange lad.

But anyway, here Harry and I were, camped in the studio, with absolutely no progress.

Neither of us can agree on a type of song anyway. Harry wanted hype and bubbly and I wanted something slower and more personal.

''Louis we have made absolutely no progress'' I hear Harry wine from the leather sofa across the room.

''No shit sherlock'' I mumble, walking over to the sofa and fall back, landing next to him with a humph. ''I think we are trying too hard, the best songs come naturally, if we force it, we will never make any progress'' I turn to him and he nods his head in agreement.

''You're right Lou, lets just mess around with some tunes and relax a little bit''.

There was a couple more minutes of silence, both of us making small conversation while we wait for some inspiration.

''What are you going to do with Bruce and Cliff?'' Harry questioned.

In all honesty I had completely forgot about the fact that when tour starts, I won't see either of the dogs for eight-ish months, and also that Bruce isn't even my dog in the first place, I'm sure El would take him, meaning I'd be leaving Cliff with no friends while I'm away.

''Bruce will probably go with El, I haven't spoken to her about it and I really need to... unfortunately'' I chuckle and Harry looked at me with apologetic eyes, ''Johnny will probably watch Cliff for me, he's been watching him while I'm here, kind lad, but when tour officially starts and we're back to what we used to be, I'll maybe see Cliff three or four times a year, that's not fair, Johnny's sister absolutely loves him so I'm kind of worried about that'' I sigh to myself.

''Why don't you let her keep him then?'' Harry asks.

''I haven't actually thought about that'' I smile slightly.

It would be a nice thing to do for her. She's practically like a little sister but I don't think I could give Cliff away.

''In all honesty that dog means too much to me to give away, yet I love him too much to make him wait for me to show up''. I smile sadly. ''He needs a friend if I'm going away for a while, and I don't have the heart to adopt a dog that I won't be able to take care of, and I cant keep asking Johnny to live in my house for the rest of his life to look after Cliff'' I laugh.

''I'm sure he wouldn't mind living in your house'' Harry laughed, and I do too.

''That's the besides the point'' I chuckle.

''I could get a dog'' Harry states and I choke.

''Your literal rule of life is that you will only ever adopt cats'' I grin, and he turns to me with the biggest smile.

''I'm breaking my own rules'' He cackles like a mad man.

''WAIT HARRY'' I stop, say, grabbing his shoulders.

I stand up quickly and run to the notebook on the small table.

I pick the notebook up and open it to a blank page, grabbing a pencil which was on the same desk and holding it tightly in my hands.