Chapter 4

"Alhena?" Adrian Pucey waved a hand in front of Alhena's face as she glared across the classroom. "Oliver Wood must be a funny guy, seeing as she can't seem to stop laughing with him." She said more to herself than Adrian. 

"Oh- Right, you don't like Oliver." He laughed. "Neither should you, you're on the Quidditch team." Alhena frowned. "Well, yeah-- It doesn't mean I need to hate him, though. Not until we're on the pitch at least." He chuckled, and Alhena's eyes widened. It didn't make sense. 

Oliver Wood was the captain of the opposite Quidditch team, how could Adrian not hate him? He was the enemy, there was no room for anything but dislike. "What do you mean? Everyone else on the team hates him." Alhena frowned. 

"No one actually hates him, we just mess with the rest of the Quidditch teams to intimidate them, that's all." Adrian shrugged. "You're the only one that actually hates him."

Alhena pondered his words, turning to face Oliver. He was awfully close to Willow, his hands on her wrists, guiding her secateurs, showing her where to cut the plant. "Theres trouble." Adrians voice interrupt her thoughts again. 

"You won't be happy if that becomes a thing." He snickered. 

----

Alhena zoomed past the Hufflepuff beaters, ducking as the bludger shot towards her from the left. She leaned over, pulling herself closer to her broom to increase her speed as she approached the goals. 

"Slytherin scores!" Lee Jordan boomed from the stands, Alhena had scored. Another bludger came her way, and she avoided it with ease. The Hufflepuff beaters were weak in her eyes, too soft to actually peg it towards her.

So they scored, again and again. Even if Cedric caught the snitch, they'd be ahead by twenty points, they didn't stand a chance. Alhena scored again, raising her fists in the air at the cheering crowd, winding them up for the Slytherin victory.

Alhena shot up the Quaffle once again, obtaining it and making her way back to the goals, but something was wrong. Out of the corner of her eye, a Hufflepuff beater was stationed near the goals, immobile. 

This was it, this was her chance. They were getting restless, they wanted this win badly, and they'd actually use their beaters, for once, to gain it. Alhena edged a little closer, daring them to hit the bludger at her. And so when the beater was sure she didn't suspect it, he flung his bat over his shoulder, and sent it pummelling to the bludger, shooting it in my direction. 

Alhena waited until the bludger was just near enough, before swinging off her broom. She kept her right hand on the handle, and strategically hooked her right ankle around the other end of the broom, allowing herself to hang from two limbs as the bludger shot right where she had been. 

The crowd erupted with applause, and Alhena caught sight of Cedric Diggory, he looked almost.. angry. Alhena knew Cedric was fair, knew he would have applauded her for her move, and so she came to the conclusion. Oliver had suggested the move, and Cedric thought she'd stolen the idea. 

Alhena swung back onto a sitting position on her broom, tossing the Quaffle through the goals and scoring. 

The game continued for a short while longer, until eventually Cedric caught the snitch. However, Slytherin was already over one-hundred fifty points, and so Slytherin won the game, and they were in the lead.

When Alhena landed on the grass, she decided to approach Cedric and ask. "Cedric!" She called, dashing after the taller boy who had already set off to the locker rooms. "Oh-" He paused, he clearly hadn't expected her. 

"Did Oliver Wood tell you to do the starfish and stick?" Alhena wasted no time in asking. "How did you know?" Cedric frowned. "Because that asshole over heard me saying that was what I was going to do, if you'll excuse me." Alhena groaned, running off after the Gryffindor crowd before Cedric could question her further.