Chapter 7

Alhena descended the stairs at a slow pace, keeping behind her parents who waved to acquaintances below. She brought her fan up to her face, hiding as much of her identity as she could. There could be people from school here, and she couldn't handle the embarrassment of her outfit. 

Alhena didn't mind dressing up. She liked looking pretty for herself, but this was different. This was her mothers taste, this was too much. Although Alhena did feel quite beautiful, she felt as though she stuck out like a sore thumb. Though there were many women dressed just as elaborately. 

She stood silently as her mother approached a married couple, making polite conversation with the wife as her father spoke about the Ministry and other business related things to the father. How predictable, she thought.

Alhena retreated to the edge of the venue, searching the room for any waitresses with drinks. "Pardon." She approached a tall woman, holding a silver platter of champagne glasses, containing a yellow bubbly liquid. 

The woman smiled at her, asking what she was after. "Whats in this?" She pointed at the tray. "Champagne." She told Alhena, but didn't offer a glass. "Do you have anything a little stronger?" Alhena asked. "No, and unfortunately I can't give it out to minors." She apologised politely, but Alhena wasn't about to give up. 

"Ten galleons if you can find me a bottle of vodka, and I won't tell a soul." Alhena reached into a her purse and pulled out a bundle of coins. The woman eyed them for a moment longer, before disappearing. 

Alhena waited anxiously for the woman to return, and wasn't disappointed when she did. "If I'm caught, I smuggled it in." She told the woman, exchanging the galleons for the alcohol. "I should have known not even the champagne would satisfy you." A voice called from behind when the waiter departed. 

"Don't act like you know me, Oliver." She spun around. "I've seen you at the common room parties. Do you really want to embarrass your family like that?" He scoffed. "Shut the fuck up about my family, okay. Worry about your own damn relationships, jeez." She opened the bottle, taking a few sips. 

"I almost didn't recognise you." He crossed his arms. "You look a peacock, but in a bad way." He frowned. "I'm so glad Willow's going to dump you." Alhena scoffed, and his eyes widened. "What do you mean?" 

"You guys are fighting, it's only a matter of time." She sighed. "I already broke up with her, Sonic." Oliver sighed, and Alhena almost dropped her drink. "You're joking." Her face turned stone cold. "No. I did it in a letter this morning." 

"You dumped my best friend using a letter. You couldn't even say it to her face." Alhena's hand tightened around the bottle. "I just needed to rip the bandaid off-" 

Alhena grabbed his collar, dragging him into a secluded corner, where they were out of sight, and slamming him against the wall. "You didn't even fucking deserve her in the first place and then you dumped her. You're pathetic, really." She spat. 

"Hang on-"

"No, how does that even work? How is that even possible. A two out of ten pulls a ten out of ten, and then dumps her using a fucking letter. You Gryffindors are trash, and I can't wait to tear you into tiny little pieces and leave you on your family's door step." 

Oliver grabbed her wrists and pulled her around, switching their places. "I'm sick of your little threats. I can do whatever the fuck I want, I don't owe you anything. It's not my fault Willow told me that your families fucked up, and it's not my fault Willow and I didn't work out." He grabbed her bottle. 

"I warned you that day. I told you that if you hurt her there would be consequences." Alhena tried to pull his hands from her wrists. "Like what, exactly?" He scowled. "Like this." She yanked her right arm free, and slapped her hand across his face.